23 December 2008

Medical Concerns?

This year I've been participating in a "healthy living" program through my insurance company. It's a pretty cool program because I can get a sizeable refund on our insurance premiums in exchange for doing relatively simple things that I'm doing anyway, such as exercising, eating enough fruits and vegetables, etc. As the last step of this program, I just completed an online health assessment.

It was a pretty tame survey overall, but I especially enjoyed reading through my results at the end. In a section marked "medical follow-up," I read this warning:

These symptoms may be serious conditions, and you should discuss these with your doctor as soon as possible:

  • pregnant
I might have a serious condition?! Good thing I took this health assessment. I'll have to get right to my doctor to discuss this condition.

6 comments:

DP said...

Wait, did you provide symptoms and the assessment figured out that you were pregnant? I wonder what tipped them off...maybe it was "localized abdominal swelling" or "random jabs and kicks from internal parasite"?

sarahflib said...

That would be pretty awesome if the health assessment just figured it out. But no, I checked a box indicating my condition.

Kylie said...

I wonder if people find out they're pregnant because of the assessment.

Sheena said...

Yes, you had better see a medical provider right away!!!!!! :) That is funny.

Janiebelle007 said...

I'm not really sure but they might have assumed that being pregnant and intelligence were mutually exclusive.

Tyler and Rachael said...

pretty funny......hope all is still going well in the pregnancy department.