23 April 2009

New Skills

Right now I'm working on a paper for one of my publishing classes. So far it's about ten pages long, and I think I've typed at least eight of those pages one-handed because I was either feeding Madeline, pumping, or doing some such activity that left me with only one hand to spare. Since I've been getting so much practice with the one-handed method since becoming a mama, I decided to take an online typing test and find out my difference in speed between typing with one hand and two. The results are in.

Two hands: 80 WPM, 97 percent accuracy
One hand: 24 WPM, 92 percent accuracy

Looks like I need a little more practice.

5 comments:

Sherwood family said...

Just wait until you get two - then you get to develop the oh-so-useful Baby Arm, usually one's left because child #2 refuses to be left alone. As I type she's sitting on my lap, squirming

Shara said...

I think you are really talented to get anything done with a new baby! By the way, my visiting teacher knows you! She served her mission in Berlin and I asked her if she knew a Sister Gibby and she was like, "Of course I know Sister Gibby!" Her name was sister Jacob. She's now married and lives in my ward.

Janiebelle007 said...

At least no one is in danger of being burned. Cooking with a babe was always the hardest for me.

Trever and Heather said...

What site did you take the test on? I want to take it!

Tyler and Rachael said...

seriously impressive!!