02 December 2009

All I want for Christmas is . . .

You? My two front teeth? So many ways to finish that line.

I remember very clearly belting out "my two front teeth" when I was in first or second grade; I'm not sure which one. I thought I was pretty cool because the song was perfect for me at the time. Dear Madeline got her Christmas wish early this year, as you can see below:

I think that's the only picture I've gotten with all eight of her teeth. I love it.

Also, the happy news is that Madeline is a new woman when it comes to nebulizer time! Man, this girl is so good about dealing with everything we make her do. Seriously, she's a star. On day 5 of the saline study (only one day after my venting post), she suddenly calmed down and that was that. It's still a two-person job because we definitely have to entertain her, but I am so, so, so happy that the treatment time is going well. I was just praying that Madeline would be able to understand that it's good for her and relax enough for it to be a pleasant experience, and that's exactly what has happened. I usually hold her while Dave puts on a show. He doesn't wear a clown suit, but oh my hilarious. He works really hard to keep his baby entertained, and I usually laugh the entire time. Sometimes Madeline will put her hand up on the nebulizer and help me hold it, which I think is really cute.

Also, Madeline is officially a walker! She has been taking steps on her own for a couple of weeks now, but Sunday she decided this was for real and she hasn't looked back. It's so funny to see her wobbling around the house. Ahh! I'm obsessed with this baby, if you haven't noticed yet.

10 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

She is too short to be walking! It's adorable.

Anna said...

walking already! wow. way to go Madeline.

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

What a girl! Aren't new walkers precious? It was SO fun to see you guys over Thanksgiving! Sometime we'll have to see each other again and include the kids, right? I'd love to meet Maddie! Someday . . .

S said...

Good for her and the nebulizer! And walking! And teeth! Don't you feel like she's going to be going to kindergarten tomorrow?!

DP said...

Or college! :(

Kevin + Marcy said...

What a girl! She's a star for sure. I can't believe she's walking. Marshall man is getting close, I think. He stands without holding on to anything for a while but has yet to take that step. What fun. And that's hilarious that Dave is such a great entertainer. Sounds all too familiar . . . trying to entertain your baby while you try to do something for them like change them or bathe them.

Emily S said...

Madeline is beating out poor Braden in the Christmas wish category (two front teeth) . . . what a woman!

Renae said...

I love how you two are so about taking care of your little girl! The little show for her, that's funny, and great! You win parents of the year!

Hannah said...

just lurve the girl. just lurve her!

Tyler and Rachael said...

she is definitely one cutie-pie little girl. and walking! wow oh wow. so glad to hear things are going well with this new treatment. merry merry christmas!