02 June 2010

No title can describe how good it is to be on the Continent again . . .


Well, we made it. This is Dave and Madeline by our sweet new ride, by far the newest and smallest car I've ever had the privilege of owning (it's a temporary lease). I can't say "driving" because my skills don't extend to manual transmissions yet.

Madeline has charmed people along the way, winning us a free pass to the front of several looooong lines in the airport. She made up for it by pulling her first all-nighter on the flight over here, but she has adapted well and is really a great traveler altogether. She's always up for an adventure, which is why I like that kid. She also really likes to dance, and this evening she started really dancing to the church bells as we walked through a small town in Belgium. Love it.

Bis spaeter!

9 comments:

Paul and Katie said...

I am so glad that you made it there safely!

Kevin + Marcy said...

[sniff, sniff] So sad that we didn't get together before you left (the month went way too fast, and it sounds like you were busy too!) But can I say that knowing you are gone just makes me miss you. I'll look forward to your return, but in the meantime, have a super fabulous time!

Tyler and Rachael said...

SO glad you are there safe and sound and I am absolutely looking forward to pictures and post of your adventures and daily events. Eat..... well, the list is too long, I guess I'll just say muesli and yogurt.

Carrie said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about your trip! Thanks for updating your blog along the way.

Andrew said...

Glad you're there! Let the adventures begin! We look forward to staying in touch through the blog!

Hannah said...

Atta girl! Dancing to church bells--love her! And I love you and I am so glad you're all there safely. xoxo

S said...

That's SO SO fun! Are you stopping by Wien? Are you traveling through Europe or going straight to work? Did I miss where you told us all the stuff? You're living the high life for all of us!

Emily S said...

I was going to say I'm so glad you made it safely!

Rike / Uli said...

WELCOME TO EUROPE!!
:)
Hope you have a great time!