05 March 2011

Pretzel Snakes

Let me tell you about something that was a total hit with Madeline: making soft pretzels. She has a book about a dog who loves soft pretzels, and when we were reading it the other day I got the urge to make some and couldn't shake it.

So we made some, and Madeline thought it was the coolest to roll the dough into little snakes and then dip them in a baking soda-water combination and then help me form them into little pretzel shapes. I hadn't actually planned on her being involved in the process, but I'm glad she was still awake because she had a blast and she was surprisingly good at it.

And now she can't stop talking about pretzel snakes.

P.S. You can sort of see our matching bellies in this picture.

4 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

What an awesome mom! Love the matching bellies!

Andrew said...

Fun idea! Glad you got a picture.

Janiebelle007 said...

I love the idea of you and Maddie Cakes having matching bellies! You two are so funny. Thanks to the daddy that took the photo.

Hannah said...

lurve you girls. love that mannie loves me again!