14 April 2011

Odds & Ends


I finally feel like a human again. For the past 2.5 weeks either Madeline or I (or both at times) have been knocked out of commission by a nasty spring cold that robbed me of my voice and left us both with a wicked cough. It's nice to have that mostly over with.

Dave took his LAST LAW SCHOOL FINAL this week! This is big. Just a few more finals for the MPA program and then he'll be graduating next week with a shiny new JD/MPA. Then there's just a little detail called the bar to take care of, and we'll be moving into life-beyond-formal-education. Dave's going to take the bar in Pennsylvania at the end of July and then we'll see what happens.

"Baby sis," as Madeline likes to call her, is growing well and kicking like crazy. I'm 29 weeks along and have been feeling her move for the past 12 weeks or so, but we're just getting to the point where I can feel little knobby baby parts poking out. I love that. Definitely one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. My non-favorite part is simply that I have to wait. I don't mind being pregnant at all; I just don't have any patience to meet my new little girl.

There is something wonderfully funny about a two-year-old saying, "Got wedgie, Mommy." And I love that she trusts me to take care of such problems.

I also love how happy a $3.49 plastic chair from Macey's can make said two-year-old. She sat in it peacefully throughout our entire grocery shopping experience, and she hasn't stopped carting it around the house since we picked it up a few days ago. Ah, the simple things in life.

4 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Oh, that girl! Wedgie schmedgie!

Hannah said...

Of course your daughter would have no shame confessing to having wedgies. I love her loving her chair. I love pregnant you. I love Dave almost being done with school. Love you all.

Katie M. said...

Bwah ha. Wedgie. Why doesn't Henry know this word yet?? It's a mandatory one, I believe, for their fledgling vernacular. LOVE it, Sarah G.

I'm so sorry about the spring colds hitting ya. At least you haven't missed out much on being outside!:)


COngrats to DAVE!!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I'm still reeling over your comment that you don't mind pregnancy. Wow.