23 September 2011

Just Mixin' It Up . . .

I peeked in my room the other day and saw Madeline lounging with some quality reading material. I love her position here. She has been positively obsessed with stories lately, whether from books, my imagination, or past events. Responding to her prompts is like a game.

Madeline: "Mommy, tell me a story."
Me: "About what?"
Madeline: "Beans."

Or something else equally as random. It takes me back to school days when I wrote millions of essays on the spot with just a short (and often unexpected) prompt . . . but this is a lot more fun.

The other day I told Madeline about the time my older sisters and I put the sprinkler in the living room. After I finished, she declared, "Mommy, tell me that story FOUR TIMES. I really LIKE that story, Mommy."

I made sure to throw in a good moral so she wouldn't pull the same stunt on me.

5 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

chicken.

brinestone said...

Now I want to hear about the sprinkler in the living room.

Kylie said...

That's my favorite Gibby Girls story.

Hannah said...

I. LOVE. You. And her. That's hilarious. I'm dying to know what the moral was.

Christie said...

Looks like you've got a writer on your hands! So fun to catch up with you and your cute girls. Enjoy the "non-schedule" while you can!