12 September 2011

Miss Violet

Violet is a dream baby. I realize it can change anytime and I don't want to curse myself by saying that, but hey. She also deserves props for being such an amazing baby.

First of all, the girl knows how to sleep. I seriously didn't know what color her eyes were for the first five days of life, and even when the extreme newborn sleepiness wore off, she kept sleeping like a champ. She has been sleeping through the night (most nights) for about three weeks now and she's only nine weeks old. Please don't throw virtual tomatoes at me for saying that. Madeline didn't sleep for 12 hours straight until she was 17 months old, so I know how that feels too.

Miss Violet is also an extremely happy girl. She is very generous with her smiles, and she always smiles with her entire 24 inches of self. I love her cheerfulness. She likes to be held and talked to, but she's generally just as happy to lie in her gym and look at toys or simply stare at Madeline's antics. She definitely thinks Madeline is amusing, which she is.


Violet was blessed last Sunday, and she looked gorgeous wearing the same dress that I wore when I was blessed as a baby. So glad to have her in our family!

10 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Wow, that is some impressive sleeping. I still can't get Nora to sleep more than 10 hours straight at night and she's almost 10 months old! Sheesh. But I am happy for you, of course :) No virtual tomatoes here. Violet is a pretty little thing, isn't she?! Such sweet girls.

Janiebelle007 said...

The right dress choice.

brinestone said...

Darling! I'm glad you got an easy baby this time. :)

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Wow! And I thought Enoch was doing really well. He really is, but he doesn't consistently sleep the night through. The first time he woke me up only once I just had to give him a big squeeze b/c I was so thrilled to have had such high quality sleep already. :D I'm so glad she's sleeping so well for you! She's so cute - the pic of her by herself made me laugh b/c I've got a picture of Kate that looks a lot like that from her blessing day.

Katie M. said...

Impressive!!! She is so beautiful.

I felt the same way about Finn, and he's turned out to be an extremeley busy toddler. It's as if all that time being calm and peaceful got all pent up and now he's making up for it. So I'll issue the warning. But enjoy it for now. Heck. You deserve it. And as long as she keeps sleeping well, yowswers... that is a blessing to hold tight!

Cute family alert. Holy smokes you guys....

Hannah said...

love

Julie W said...

What a beautiful family you have. Lucky, lucky little girls!

Emily S said...

She looks so beautiful in that dress!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Okay, no virtual tomatoes, but we are definitely not sharing the same sleep experience. Brooklyn's almost 4 months old and wakes me up twice at night.

Mary Pugh said...

Yeah for happy babies! You deserve the sleep for all your hard work! What adorable little girls!