12 June 2013

She's a star, folks!


We all know that pictures of dance recitals are mostly interesting to parents, grandparents, and (maybe) loving aunts. But . . . come on. You have to admit that Madeline is pretty darn cute in her tap costume. And it was also really cute to see how excited she was for her recital day to arrive. When I got her dressed up, she simply COULD NOT get over the news that she was going to wear a bit of make-up. A bit being the key since I'm not the type to glam up a four year old, but it was mind-blowing to her that kids would be allowed to wear make-up at all. Oh, the thrills of being four.

The recital itself went rather swimmingly. Little kids are pretty hilarious to watch, and there was actually a nice mix of little kids and older ballerinas who actually knew what they were doing. Violet kept everyone around us entertained by yelling out at inopportune moments, "Turn the lights back on! Pretty dress! Girls tapping!" And when Madeline danced, I could tell she was having a lot of fun. Apparently something went on backstage that soured her mood, though, because this is how she ended up shortly afterwards:


Yeah . . .


Those two pictures totally don't capture Madeline's general demeanor, but they are too funny not to share. I'm so happy Madeline was able to take ballet and tap this past year. She loved it (most of the time), and it was really good for her to do something physical and learn to take instructions from someone else. Ballet was definitely her favorite of the two. And . . . that's a wrap.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

So cute! I love my Mads! Tell her I love her pictures and think her makeup looks wonderful. I miss you guys!

Melanie said...

Change that to definitely loving aunts are interested in cute dance recital pictures. I can't wait to see you all!

Janiebelle007 said...

I really like the photos. And I'm only a grandma.

Emily S said...

So cute, her hair curls so well! The bottom ones are also amazing. I am interested in this headpiece.

Carolyn said...

She must be really, REALLY good....because I have never seen anyone tap dance in galoshes!!

S said...

She is adorable! Sarah it has been so long since I checked blogs because of google reader being gone. I'm sorry you're a magnet for HORRIBLE comments! I think unless people say something one hundred percent positive they should definitely keep their mouths shut. I'm glad you had fun in Utah. My kids all want to live in Utah too because their cousins are there. We should all just move to Utah, should we not?