Oh, these girls. They're so goofy. And I love it. When I came home one night and found them in this crazy apparel, they told me they were wearing their bug-catching gear because they'd seen a bug go under the couch. They were on an elaborate quest to find this bug, and I love that they dreamed up the whole thing themselves and were stomping around playing so nicely together.
Anyway, about those girls. I turned 31 last month, and I've got to say---kids make a birthday so amazing! Yes, I still had a pretty regular day full of taking care of the kids, but since I've been an adult, I don't know if I've ever had anyone give me such constant love and flattery on my birthday. They're my own little groupies. Madeline had plotted a bit with Dave the night before, so the second her eyes popped open she started bustling around doing things to celebrate. The best of which absolutely had to be this birthday card, which she carefully designed and drew for me while I was feeding the baby:
Ha ha ha! In case you need help with the interpretation, that is me holding my hands to my head and saying "Eek!" because a big snake (purple and blue, because I told M those are my favorite colors) is biting Jacob while he sleeps in his bassinet! Complete with blood and a road (with two solid yellow lines, even) that the snake apparently used to get to Jacob's room. Nothing says "happy birthday" like your baby getting bitten by a snake!
I am not kidding when I say I LOVE THIS CARD. It is hands down the most thoughtful and hilarious birthday card I've ever received. And all the detail that shows how much effort M put into it---she even drew little serifs on all the letters in "Jacob." Like I said, birthdays with little kids are amazing!

6 comments:
Love it Sarah!! You have an awesome fan club! Thanks for sharing and Happy Belated Birthday!
Hahaha your kids are so funny! I miss them and I miss you!
What a crack up!
Oh my goodness. Keep this forever.
Both hilarious and gruesome! hahaha It doesn't seem likely, but this would almost make one wonder if she had latent resentment against her little brother. hahaha What a kick this girl is!
That is so cute and funny! I was thinking she drew a picture of you giving birth to Jacob with all the blood. So I'm glad you interpreted!
Post a Comment