Hi. It's me again. Lately I haven't been writing as much as I'd like. To be honest, I've been going a little bit crazy the past couple of months, and somehow that leads me to say less exactly when I should be saying more. Anyway, a lot has happened that I haven't written about. A few things:
1. Dave started a new job in April and now works from home, aka our attic. There are pros and cons to this arrangement and we've certainly had to adjust to a new lifestyle, but for the most part it's a really awesome situation that is keeping me sane. It's great that Dave can see the kids (and me) at different times throughout the day, but I can't even tell you how amazing and liberating it is to be able to leave a napping child at home while I take the others to play somewhere or do errands. Absolutely life changing.
2. Any kid can identify the sound of an ambulance, fire truck, or helicopter. But my kids? They've gotten really good at identifying the sounds of roofers, even at a distance. There's a certain rhythm to the nail guns (and general pounding) that is unmistakable once you've lived with it for four months. Our neighborhood has been under non-stop construction since the hailstorm and the construction is still going strong. Our own roof and windows have finally been replaced, which is awesome.
3. Madeline mastered riding a bike this summer. She also lost five teeth and started a half-day kindergarten program. She loves it. Adores it. Can't get enough of it. Her love of kindergarten can be summed up by this tender conversation we had before I tucked her into bed a couple of weeks ago:
Me: I love you, and I can't wait for tomorrow morning so I can see you again.
Madeline: Well I can't wait for 12:15 tomorrow. Do you know why? KINDERGARTEN!
4. Our car that was stolen in Provo three years ago was found with everything still inside! And then disposed of by the impound lot before we had a chance to retrieve our belongings, despite being told we could do so. It was such an exciting find, and then such an infuriating letdown. I wish it had turned out differently with our belongings, but since I can't change it, I'm trying not to put any more negative energy into the whole situation. Still, it's VERY COOL that the car was found.
5. The mouse is still at large. You know which one I'm talking about.
6. Violet turned three years old in July ("I'm flee!") and, in addition to logging a whole lot of meltdowns, has really turned into a savvy, loving, grown-up little girl. She also started a dance class (creative movement and tumbling, which is perfect for her) and a nature preschool class that is once a month. And cut out naps (80 percent of the time). She is seriously very funny and very kind. And very cute.
7. We went to Utah and Idaho back in June for a glorious vacation with my family. And I ran the Sawtooth relay with them and it was all kinds of wonderful. We also went to the beach last Saturday and it was also all kinds of wonderful.
8. Jacob started walking! Oh, and he got tubes in both ears after constant ear infections and a whole lot of anesthesia drama (which turned out to be nothing, thank heavens). Oh my goodness, I just can't get over him. He is such a delicious little baby, and he'll be one next week. Also, he has curly hair and his favorite thing in the world (besides me) is my wire whisk.
Well, that will do it for now! I will be back sooner than later.
4 comments:
Absolutely loved this post. Your kids are all kind of cuteness!! I know they say it's the "terrible twos" to look out for, but I'm pretty sure they got it wrong and it's the terrible and stubborn 3's to look out for. I'll make sure to keep a wire whisk around for our baby boy-- good tidbit of information. Wonderful catch up post by you!!!!!
Cute cute little kids! And I love that Madeline loves school. I love hearing about what you guys are up to, Sarah!
I love all of the pictures, but that one of Jacob and his curly hair is sooo adorable. Thanks for the update.
When did the girls get so tall ?! I hope the coming months are a but more calm for you (in a good way), but I admire you so much for being so honest that life can be hard too. Wishing you all the best
Post a Comment