05 June 2015

Miss Madeline & Miss Violet



Hi. It's hard to believe we're already well into June! But it's my favorite month of the year so I'm good with it. One of the biggest things that has happened lately: Madeline finished kindergarten two weeks ago! We are enjoying being free agents again, but she really loved school so incredibly much. She just had the best year, and I know she misses her community there and all of the fun things they did. I really couldn't have hoped for a better kindergarten experience.

A couple of weeks before school ended they did the cutest Mother's Day program. They performed songs, dances, and even a play that the kids had worked on for weeks. They made us corsages and set up a fancy dessert for us. They even painted portraits of us! And they made these adorable plates with a picture of something we like to do together. I love my plate and I'm glad I can keep it forever. It's funny---when I saw the plate, I hugged her and said, "I'll use this plate tonight," because I knew she would think it was really special. Right then I heard another mom say, "No, we're not using this plate! It's too special; I'm hanging it on the wall!" I thought it was funny that we all have different ideas of how to show someone that something means a lot to us. Good that I know what Madeline appreciates.


Also, blurry iPhone selfies are never that awesome, but I LOVE that I actually get a few pictures with my kids now that I can take them myself! It's so much better than not having any at all. Love this kiddo and her kindergarten self. It's really such a fun age.


Also, I have to add for the record that Violet ended up doing a preschool class one day a week for about two months, and it was wonderful! Well, there was that one day when she refused to go, but other than that, it made her feel so important and she had a great time. And I got a couple of hours in the week to read or sleep or do whatever I wanted, so that was a win as well.


Love my Violet; here's a selfie to prove it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love these selfies! Your hair in the pic with Mads is seriously so beautiful! Love it! And I love those girls. And you. I just love love love love love this stuffs!

S said...

Love your Violet, too!