03 October 2008

Oh, the suspense!


A week from today we'll find out if we're having a mini-DP or a mini-Flib! I feel like I'm five years old waiting for Christmas to arrive. Since I'll know the rest of my eternal existence, though, I suppose another week of suspense won't hurt me. The above picture shows what our babylein might look like if we end up with a boy. Dave was born for the beach . . . and for eating sand, apparently.

My favorite exchange on the topic of the baby's sex happened last week between Dave, my sister Hannah, and me:

Sarah: We're finding out soon if our baby's a girl.
DP: Or a boy.
Sarah: Or both.
Hannah: A hermaphrodite?

I actually meant twins, but I suppose you never know. Wondering if our babylein is a girl or boy vaguely reminds me of when I was waiting for my mission call. I pinned a huge map on the wall (courtesy of DP) and asked everyone who visited my apartment to venture a guess. Of course with a mission call the possibilities are much, much broader than with babies, so it is triply impressive if someone gets it right.

Well, my dad stopped by after a BYU football game and I handed him a marker to record his prediction. He mused over the map for but a moment before writing "Berlin, Germany" and saying offhandedly, "That'd be depressing." When I opened my call, I laughed and laughed to think that my daddio was the only one to guess correctly . . . and he called it depressing. (Luckily Berlin turned out to be incredible in every way, despite a lack of lederhosen.)

5 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

It's a girls and will be a beautiful morph of both her grandmothers!

DP said...

So maybe the big question is, What does your dad predict it will be?

Emily S said...

Love the picture! The thing about genetics is, your baby could look like that, even if it is a girl. She'd be adorable! By the way, Dad thinks it's going to be a girl because, "Sarah gets what she wants." He cited the mission example as his proof. He said this before you were even expecting. Josh and I also say girl, but Noah says boy. He doesn't know much about girls yet.

Kaitlin said...

i am so so excited to find out if it's a girl (or boy, haha. boys are great, too, but i'm feeling the girl vibe). we should have a little contest. anyway, you better send a mass text or blog about it when you find out (or i guess you could even call me!)good luck!

Tyler and Rachael said...

we're excited for you to find out!!