Sorry to be boring, but I would like to solicit any stroller recommendations from those of you who have experience in this realm. As with almost any product, there are far too many options to make purchasing a stroller a simple process. I did find a website that seems to have very savvy stroller reviews: http://strollers.baby-gaga.com.
So I'm thinking about a few specific things. Do I want the stroller/carseat combo? Is it worth investing in a really sturdy stroller that will last for most (if not all) of my fifteen kids, or better to just skimp on price for now and invest in an awesome one later on? Also, I will likely be using this stroller in big cities and/or abroad at some point, so I would like something that's pretty tough in the all-terrain compartment. And speaking of compartments, how important is the storage space (baskets, cupholders, trays)? What about the strollers that can be more of a "pram" when the baby is small and then you can turn around when they're bigger? Also, I'm a jogger. Good to get an all-terrain stroller that can double as a jogging stroller?
Please let me know what you consider to be the essential features of a good stroller, along with any specific brand or model recommendations. And good deals are always a bonus.
10 comments:
Oh, please give suggestions because my brain is on overload.
Love, Her mother
Only fifteen kids? Wow, before we got married I thought you said FIFTY! I need to clean out my ears.
My suggestion is forget about all this, go to ShopKo and buy a stroller that is affordable and a unisex color. Done in 15 minutes with no hassle.
My friend got hers....walmart I think....Jeep brand, I think. Says all over it "THIS IS NOT A JOGGING STROLLER" but it looks like one. She jogs with it all the time. Cheaper than most jogging strollers too. Hooray.
also have you checked KSL or craigslist for a used one?
I'm no expert, but I have a few friends who got the jogging stroller with a carseat from babies r us. They said they loved them and we were going to get the same one. I believe it was chicco. I couldn't find it online, but I just saw a new one, the Safety 1st Acella Sport Travel System - Pace. I like it because you can run with it, it has a car seat, and it fold up pretty small. I hear that nunning strollers are pretty bulky sometimes.
Clearly I must recommend my own, the Maclaren, very sturdy, very collapsible,light (perfect for traveling) and good resale value. It isn't a jogging stroller. Those combo things, don't get very small and are quite heavy, I've heard from owners. My personal dream is to have the stokke stroller, as expensive as the bugaboo, but more versatile.
I'm going to recommend the Roddler. It's reasonably priced at $2500, custom made to your child, and includes a DVD screen and i-pod dock (see http://kidkustoms.com/MODLES.html for more info).
don't spend big money on the carseat/ stroller combo. we did and NEVER used it. I love my jogging stroller (I think our's is eddie bauer) and I also use a simple umbrella one (ours is a jeep brand) for trips to the mall or on our trip to the Caribbean last spring. a basket underneath is a handy thing for a diaper bag.
So I have the Graco carseat combo...love it...especially when they are babies! Lightweight, folds up nice...but not super big city, international travel friendly...although we take it around Boston ALL the time and it's fine. The most common strollers here in the city are the McClaren (it's the BMW of strollers) small sleek and steers like a dream. That would be GREAT for travel...but I'm not sure if it reclines enough for a newborn. The other really popular stroller is the Phil & Teds. you never see them in Utah, and they are a little pricey but...you can jog with them and turn them into a double stroller when you need it. And then back to a single so you don't have to buy another one. Also you can clip a car seat in too. People SWEAR by them out here. http://www.pishposhbaby.com/brands-phil-teds.html?gclid=CO_U4_2-hpcCFQxxHgodzCT69g
Is that way more than you wanted to know?
Flib,
I have the best stoller in the whole world. I was very nervous when I found out that I was having twins and being able to get around. I have a BOB Revolution stroller, there are many different makes and models, you can purchase a car seat attachment, weather shield, console, and just about anything else you want. My stoller is a jogger. It is so easy to run with my girls. The front wheel can lock into place or it can swivel. There is a plenty of storage with a pocket below, and one behind the seat. This stoller is kind of spendy but I have never had one complaint. I love it. You can check them out at www.bobgear.com. Happy shopping.
Post a Comment