
Four years ago today, I entered the Missionary Training Center (MTC) bound for Berlin, Germany. It’s hard to believe that it’s already been four years since that day. (I shouldn't really be surprised because my life has changed in a million ways since then, but this is also coming from a girl who gets surprised every night to see that it's already 10:00. Dave is always surprised by my surprise at the passage of time.) Just for fun, I thought I’d give a quick recap of what I was doing each January since I began my mission.
2005: Dave and I kicked the year off right by watching a giant bologna drop at the stroke of midnight in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. It was just as magical as it sounds. After going back to Idaho, I took the GRE and enjoyed my last few weeks of civilian life before entering the MTC on 26 January.
2006: Still on my mission, I lived in Erfurt, Germany, and was companions with dear Sister Winter. We heard lots of jokes about her last name, and I finally invested in the ultimate pair of mittens so I’d have hope of completing my mission with all ten fingers intact.
2007: I received my official diploma from BYU in the mail and started an editing internship with the Curriculum Department of the LDS church. My friendship with UTA began on a high note when I began commuting to Salt Lake on a daily basis. I also got my appendix out exactly one day before my health insurance expired.
2008: Still commuting, I finished a very cool publishing internship with Deseret Book and officially began working as a full-time editor for the Joseph Smith Papers. UTA bought my devotion by installing a wireless internet connection on the express buses.
2009: Still commuting and still working for the Joseph Smith Papers, I dined at Larry Miller’s house for the first time. My publishing classes started up again last week, and I’m expecting a baby girl in less than a month!
4 comments:
The January you left on your mission I was here. The next year I was here. And the next ones after that. Yick!!! I'm sure glad you are having a baby so I have something to look forward to. I don't seem to be able to do anything adventurous. LUCKY!!!
JG, I wish you had a blog so I could recount your thousands of trips to Hawaii, Monterey, etc . . . better than dog-sitting. Anyway, I am also very excited for baby girl Peris!!! It's fun to see what Januarys have brought . . .
That was a fun recap! What great experiences. And someday when you have the time I'd love to get a somewhat detailed version of the Dave & Sarah love story. :-) And, you went to Larry Miller's house? I'd be interested in hearing how that came about too!
Wow! You have accomplished so much in the past four years! It was great to see you on Saturday. You look awesome. Good luck with the final weeks! Love ya,
Sheena
Post a Comment