A recent inquiry about how Dave and I got together reminded me about the wedding website I set up before we got married. I wrote several stories for the site about how we met, one of which is true, and I decided to post them here. Mostly because I had forgotten how much they amuse me, but I hope you enjoy them as well. Feel free to guess which one is true if you don't already know the answer.
Football Game
A few years ago we both had season tickets for BYU football, and our seats were always in the same area. We definitely noticed each other, but the games are always so loud and crazy that we never had a chance to talk. One day Dave spilled a drink on me as he stood up to cheer for a touchdown, and that broke the ice. We started chatting about the game, Dave was impressed that I knew so much about football, and we had a great conversation. Oh, and BYU won. A few days later I went into Papa John's to pick up the free breadsticks I got in exchange for my game ticket. Dave happened to be picking up his free breadsticks at the same time, and he decided to ask me out. From there we just hit it off.
Lagoon
A couple summers ago my best friend talked me into going to an amusement park called Lagoon with a big group. I've always loved roller-coasters once they actually get going, but the initial climb never fails to makes me so nervous I practically pass out. Well, I ended up sitting by myself on the Colossus because we had an odd number of people in the group, and Dave climbed into the seat next to me. He noticed me getting whiter and whiter as the coaster climbed up the first big hill, and he reached over and grabbed my hand. That's the only reason I made it through the ride in one piece, and we hung out the rest of the day.
Break-the-Fast
At the beginning of fall semester a few years ago, Dave came over to my apartment one Sunday afternoon wearing an apron and carrying a huge pot of freshly cooked pasta. He had just moved into my ward at BYU and was coming over for a potluck dinner called break-the-fast. I went up and said hello. He thought my vocabulary was hot, I thought his apron was hot, and things went from there.
El Tarascos
I was free when we met. He was eating a burrito with a girl--some brunette--in El Tarascos. Then he smiled, and I knew that someday we'd be together.
Jogging
No day is complete for me unless I go running. One evening I got started a bit late, and by the time I was headed home it was getting pretty dark. Lost in thought and not paying much attention to my surroundings, I rounded a corner and ran smack into Dave. He was just as startled, and after we both laughed he offered to run with me the rest of the way since it was so dark. We had so much fun chatting during our run that I took the long way home.
A few years ago we both had season tickets for BYU football, and our seats were always in the same area. We definitely noticed each other, but the games are always so loud and crazy that we never had a chance to talk. One day Dave spilled a drink on me as he stood up to cheer for a touchdown, and that broke the ice. We started chatting about the game, Dave was impressed that I knew so much about football, and we had a great conversation. Oh, and BYU won. A few days later I went into Papa John's to pick up the free breadsticks I got in exchange for my game ticket. Dave happened to be picking up his free breadsticks at the same time, and he decided to ask me out. From there we just hit it off.
Lagoon
A couple summers ago my best friend talked me into going to an amusement park called Lagoon with a big group. I've always loved roller-coasters once they actually get going, but the initial climb never fails to makes me so nervous I practically pass out. Well, I ended up sitting by myself on the Colossus because we had an odd number of people in the group, and Dave climbed into the seat next to me. He noticed me getting whiter and whiter as the coaster climbed up the first big hill, and he reached over and grabbed my hand. That's the only reason I made it through the ride in one piece, and we hung out the rest of the day.
Break-the-Fast
At the beginning of fall semester a few years ago, Dave came over to my apartment one Sunday afternoon wearing an apron and carrying a huge pot of freshly cooked pasta. He had just moved into my ward at BYU and was coming over for a potluck dinner called break-the-fast. I went up and said hello. He thought my vocabulary was hot, I thought his apron was hot, and things went from there.
El Tarascos
I was free when we met. He was eating a burrito with a girl--some brunette--in El Tarascos. Then he smiled, and I knew that someday we'd be together.
Jogging
No day is complete for me unless I go running. One evening I got started a bit late, and by the time I was headed home it was getting pretty dark. Lost in thought and not paying much attention to my surroundings, I rounded a corner and ran smack into Dave. He was just as startled, and after we both laughed he offered to run with me the rest of the way since it was so dark. We had so much fun chatting during our run that I took the long way home.
7 comments:
You know what they say about the truth . . .
No, Emily, I don't know what they say about truth.
It will set us free?
We can't handle it?
It reflects upon our senses?
It's the first casualty of war?
I'm stumped.
Truth is stranger than fiction?
A good story is always better than the truth?
Hummm...
Anyway, I'm not going to make some clever comment about what people say about truth. Dave and I vote for the Break-the-Fast story as the true beginning of your love story. Let me know if I'm right - dying of curiosity here.
What you guys have to say about the truth is much more interesting than what I was thinking. I was thinking it's always the least-spicy story in a game of two-truths and a lie.
I thought it was while Dave was getting a haircut?
wasn't it like none of these were true?
Post a Comment