I woke up to an alarm this morning. A real one, not my baby. It feels somehow wrong to do that when my sleeping schedule is still so contingent on hers, but my planned jaunt up to Salt Lake was worth every second of lost sleep.So. What did my jaunt entail? I attended a time capsule ceremony for the new Church History Library. The entire First Presidency of the Church was there, along with Elder Oaks and Elder Nelson. Elder Marlin K. Jensen spoke about the purpose of the new library and of preserving church history, and he then invited President Monson to place the final item in the time capsule. I sat less than 50 feet away from President Monson as he spoke. So amazing.
If you're interested, you can read articles about the ceremony here (LDS Newsroom), here (Deseret News), and here (KSL). You can see a complete list of the time capsule's contents here. The time capsule even contains a picture of the Joseph Smith Papers staff, with me and Madeline (via the baby bump) front and center. To see the picture, though, you'll have to wait 50-100 years until church leaders open the time capsule. I hope you can handle the suspense.
4 comments:
How cool Sarah! Ahh, the joys of living in Utah! I have to say I was a little surprised at the list of items in the capsule. I don't even know why exactly though. It was certainly cool to see something regarding our beloved East Germans as number one on the list!! What a blessing to be a little piece of something so special.
Hi guys! I found your blog through Marcy's. So good to see some of your awesomeness again. Madeline is absolutely gorgeous. I hope our little girl is that cute.
Sarah, how cool are you?! That's an awesome acomplishment to be a part of Church history like that. Way to go! Love ya tons!
I'll always wish I had stuck with my first idea of a career. Then I could have lived some of my fantasy instead of you. What a neat experience.
Post a Comment