04 August 2009

I Love the Taste of Feet


This might come as a surprise to some of you, but sometimes I say awkward things.

The other night I visited a sister in my ward to explain what she'll be doing as the Enrichment leader. She's new, so we were chatting a bit about her background. She mentioned that she's from Nebraska. Knowing that good ole Rand McNally shows the upper part of the state as being fairly barren, I said, "Oh, are you from the lower part of the state? Because that's where most of the settlements are, right?"

Ahhhh! Settlements?! Seriously, there's no taking that back. I just busted up laughing and apologized; fortunately, she was cool about it.

Settlements. It still makes me laugh.

8 comments:

Anna said...

that's freaking awesome. lol.

SJ said...

Haha! Sounds like you were talking about the West Bank instead of Nebraska.

NJ said...

Haha!! That's so funny Sarah! Love it!

Emily S said...

You ARE married to a guy with Amish tendencies . . .

Kevin + Marcy said...

Way to keep it real, Sarah! Hahaha. I love it!

Janiebelle007 said...

Red Cloud was a settlement once.

S said...

I'm interested, were you just reading current events in the middle east or playing settlers? Or is it just an accurate description of the midwest?

sarahflib said...

It just popped out . . . I think I was hearkening back to when Nebraska was the frontier.