18 August 2009

Notice anything about this chica?

She's sitting up! No armchair, no bumbo, no mom, no anything. Just Madeline showing off her new skills. Something else you can't see is that Madeline is also sporting two new teeth. The bottom two just barely appeared in honor of her six-month birthday last week. I can't resist peeking at them again and again to see what kind of progress they're making. As you can imagine, that's not Madeline's favorite activity. But seriously, teeth?? I feel like she's almost ready to go off to college. In the last six months she's gone from this:

To this:


Yep, she crossed the fifteen-pound barrier this morning! After all the trouble Madeline had gaining weight in the beginning, I simply love watching the numbers go up. I'm sure this baby has been weighed more than anyone else her age. Not only has she been weighed at the doctor's office a million times, but for about four weeks (before we knew she had CF) we had to weigh her before and after every meal to track how much she was getting to eat. Let's just say I love the chub. You can also see how she's grown into her binky. This was in the beginning:



And this is now:

When Madeline was really tiny, I used to call her my little baby bug. Look at her all curled up on my chest as a newborn:

And then as a mature six-month-old baby:

These days, there's no such thing as her passively lying on my chest. Just for fun, I found a couple shots of Madeline with Dave in the same situation. Back then:

And now:
Madeline loves her daddy to bits. The latter picture was taken on Madeline's six-month birthday; I only wish the first one had been taken on her actual birthday because Dave is wearing the very same shirt. I think she was one day old. Well, I could go on for a long time showing you little Madeline and big Madeline, but I'll just do a few more. Here's what tummy time looked like in the beginning:

Notice those skinny little ankles and wrists! She's wearing preemie clothes, and check out how baggy they are. This is tummy time now:


This girl can really move now with her mad rolling skills. I can't keep her on a blanket to save my life, which is only problematic because I'm slightly scared of my carpet. Let's just say my vacuuming and mopping has increased dramatically. Anyway, this was Madeline's head of hair when she was first born:

And this is her hair now:

I love it! I'm obsessed with her little mullet. I don't think she ever lost any hair besides the Great Bald Spot, but it looks thinner now that her head is bigger. The hair on top is definitely growing; it's probably three inches long at this point. You can see it waving against the pillow. And now, as one final comparison, this is what Madeline looked like the day we brought her home from the hospital:

And this is how she looked at four months, so you can imagine how much more she fills the carseat now:

The moral of the story is that six months later, we're still madly in love with our baby!

12 comments:

Tyler and Rachael said...

what a cutie!! hip hip hooray for a whole 15 pounds--that is awesome.

Kevin + Marcy said...

She is a doll. I can't say it enough. She. Is. A. Doll!

Emily S said...

I love the moral of the story. From all of the pictures and comparisons one would think the moral is, "Madeline has really grown and progressed a lot." But no, the hidden moral is that you have not fallen out of love with her . . . which is good, neither have I.

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! I love the pics.

Hillary said...

Awwww, I just want to squish her little legs and arms. I know I have my own baby to squish, but it's so great seeing how far she has come along in 6 months.

S said...

She's so cute! And you guys always get such good pictures of her smiling so much.

And she was such a little cutie when she was born.

The moral of this is that she's really cute.

Jake, Jenn and the Girls said...

What a sweetie. I love her chubby cheeks and I just want to hug her.

Anna said...

I love all the pictures - she is just so adorable! You and Dave have done good!!!!

Janiebelle007 said...

Obviously Dave is her daddy. But she is so much cuter and prettier. I love her!!!

Renae said...

Adorable!

ambrosia ananas said...

Wow. I can't believe how much bigger she's gotten. Cute pictures!

Lee said...

I noticed that you look more rested in the six month picture. Gotta love that!!