
Why has Madeline been reading French novels and studying Portuguese and German dictionaries lately? Because we're headed to Europe for the summer!This is Dave's last summer as a student, so we decided to seize the moment and find a good reason to live in Europe. That reason turned out to be a study abroad program in Spain, so Dave will finish the bulk of his remaining law credits in Madrid this summer, and then he'll take a break from classes during fall semester to do an internship. We're not sure where that internship will be, but probably in Pennsylvania or Washington D.C. Then we'll be back in Provo until after Dave takes the bar in late summer 2011.
So, let's just say that I'm very, very excited for our summer adventures. We're flying into Belgium at the end of May and will have plenty of time to visit people and eat yummy food in Germany and Switzerland before heading down to Spain for the program. We'll be there until the end of August.
I told Dave that I'm looking forward to spending time in Europe without responsibilities, because every other time I've been there, I've been a student, a missionary, a group leader, or something like that. He reminded me that Madeline could be considered a responsibility . . . oh yeah. That baby I like to talk about. The thing that's cool about hanging out with a baby (or a toddler), though, is that we get to structure our own time for the most part. She'll be happy just exploring the city or hanging out in the park or taking a siesta or banging pots and pans. I like that.
13 comments:
Ok- nobody is as cool as you guys! That is so cool!
Jealous!
Very jealous... if you'd like to see the pyramids too, we've got a free queen bed and crib (you know, because Spain is so close to Egypt). Also, tonight we had a member of our ward who was a missionary in the Vienna 3rd ward when we were there. Small world!
"Madeline could be considered a responsibility . . . oh yeah"
You could always leave her with her grandparents here in Pa.
Wow! That will be so awesome. One of my older brothers spent a year in Spain for some law school stuff. His little family really enjoyed their time there. I'm excited for you!
I am so proud of Madeline for being culturally aware enough to study the language before going. That's my kind of woman.
If she would use Spanish when she speaks to me I could refresh. Of course, Spain Spanish is a LITTLE different from Mexico but still....if you need a break the grandparentals are lining up.
That's fantastic! Yay for you guys.
Go to DC! (It's where I'll be.)
jealous!!!
What a fun adventure! Have a spectacular time and say hello to Germany for me.
What?! You can't leave for the summer, but if you have to, I guess that's a good enough reason. So can we do lunch sometime before you go?
That's so cool, Sarah! Even though you're already adults, it's like it's your last summer of your childhood before you become adults. But since you're adults, you'll just have a really cool and fun time!
Post a Comment