27 July 2010

Come back, Hannah!


It's been a while since I've blogged. My sister Hannah has been visiting for the past glorious ten days, and I just took her to the airport this morning to bid her farewell. We had an amazing time and I'm so glad she came to play with us. (Anyone is welcome who wants to make a last-minute trip; we'll be here until August 19th.) Madeline even learned how to say Hannah's name--the first name she's ever attempted outside of Mom and Dad.

Last weekend we spent a few days in Santander, a town on the coast of northern Spain. Pretty much you can never go wrong with a trip to the beach, and this time was no exception. We enjoyed the amazing scenery, swam in the Bay of Biscay, and even arranged a date for DP and me. We haven't been able to do that for a while, and it was fun to go out without (gasp!) Maddycakes, even though Dave wouldn't propose to me in front of the lighthouse we visited.


I even brought my own ring . . . oh well. Maybe next time we're watching the sun set over the ocean on the northern coast of Spain.

Saturday evening I captured this priceless moment on our way back from a palace we visited:


Madeline started doing this all on her own after noticing how Dave was walking down the hill. She insisted on walking that way the rest of the evening; it was adorable. But then again, so was this:

Pretty much you can't go wrong hanging out with Madeline. Or Hannah. Or Dave. Which is why the past ten days have been fabulous!

12 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

I can't believe she is on the way here and you are up and going and I am trying unsuccessfully to sleep. I love this post. And you guys. Thanks.

Tyler and Rachael said...

remember how you are in spain right now having a fantastic summer sight-seeing away and letting Madeline soak up the world.....meanwhile there are poor byu students who are sitting in the testing center agonizing over some math problem. way to go sarah and co., way to go.

DP said...

Don't worry, that will be me next week, agonizing over EU securities regulations and corporations... well, except I'll be doing it in Madrid, not at the BYU testing center.

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

So fun! I LOVE that picture of Madeline copying her Dad. That is too cute. Can't believe that Dave wouldn't propose to you at the lighthouse. ;) You should have proposed to him! haha

Anna said...

So fun and so cute! Madeline is growing up so fast. I miss you around here!

Paul and Katie said...

Maddie is soo cute! She is HUGE now!

Rike / Uli said...

Yep, I do have a blog :)! And sometimes I even get to update it ;-).

Maddie looks so cute, I love the picture where she's copying DP!
Enjoy the rest of your stay in Spain!

S said...

That is all so cool! And dates in Europe can't be outdone, especially with a setting sun and a beach! How long are you going to be in DC?! I'll come up and visit you! But then I do have all my kids...Maybe not as much fun on your side!

Jill said...

Ack! That photo of Madeline & Dave with their matching gesture makes my heart melt.

Eliza said...

Sarah! I am just now catching up on your blog after a long absence. Please come visit us too when you are in DC!! Your summer sounds amazing!!

Hannah said...

Awe! Thanks, Sarah bo baria so very ah cool. You're too good to me. I love how darling little Madeline is in every little picture. Miss you, love! xoxo

Shanna Rekow said...

This is insanely precious! I am so wishing I could come and visit you in Spain right now! I LOVE your blog....the pictures, the commentary, etc... I am also loving the pigtails on Maddycakes and the way she goes after the pigeons.