This may surprise you, but sometimes I have bad ideas. Like tonight.
We'll only be in this apartment for another five weeks and I don't want to waste the food we've already got, so I looked through the cupboards and brainstormed meal ideas and then went grocery shopping. I came back feeling triumphant: quick trip, good deals, yummy food.
After carefully writing down a list of all of my meal ideas to hang on the fridge, I counted them up. FIFTEEN! I'm not a big planner in the meal department, so knowing that I already have fifteen solid ideas for items in my cupboard was a good feeling.
I cleared my throat, announcing to Dave that I was going to read my list of meals out loud. I wanted him to revel in the moment with me. Say, "That's impressive!" and give me a pat on the back or something. Instead, a pained look crossed his face before he looked up resignedly.
I read the first meal on the list and Dave sighed ever so slightly. He was kind, but I could tell he wasn't into it. Just as I was about to say, "Come on, appreciate this!" I remembered one thing: It's Fast Sunday this weekend. I was about to read a list of fifteen very delicious-sounding meals to a hungry, hungry man.
No wonder he wasn't so jazzed about it.
3 comments:
Poor Davey. I was thinking your ideas were pitiful and he was pained because of that. At least his misery will be over tomorrow!
In fact, her ideas were brilliant and I can't wait to try out #1 tomorrow.
Now come over and look at my pantry. I never can come up with any good meal ideas, even when it's completely stocked. I need to add some new things to my repertoire. Sick of the same old same old.
Post a Comment