09 November 2010

Perks

As part of his job this fall, Dave gives tours of the U.S. Capitol Building. I didn't know this before, but if you ever want to tour the Capitol, you should contact your senator's office rather than just going to the Capitol yourself. You'll get a tour either way, but if you go through your senator's office you'll get to skip all the lines and have a much smaller, more personalized tour. You'll be able to go a few places that the regular tours don't go, too.

Anyway, Madeline and I went into D.C. yesterday to get our very own tour and it was really cool. Madeline especially loved all of the floor tiles and enthusiastically pointed out every star that she saw. Dave and his fellow tour guides had never even noticed most of the stars before, so it was good we had Madeline to stop and shout, "Star!" every few feet. Here she is showing me one:


After our tour Madeline even became a U.S. Capitol junior police officer, with a badge and all.

It was a good day at the Capitol.

9 comments:

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

looks like fun! you're right, I'm SURE our little Maddies would have so much fun together!

Karey said...

How fun! Good info about the tours! We'll have to remember that.

How much longer are you guys here? We still need to get together!

Janiebelle007 said...

Your day at the Capitolwas a little sunnier than ours.

Cindy said...

How official you guys are, she is such a woman, and very cute

Janiebelle007 said...

Need some more photos of Madeline in her sweaters, owl dress and long sweater, sweater vest with stripes and hood. Get on the ball mommy! And LOVE the picture of Daddy and Miss M. So cute.

Hillary said...

I don't always leave a comment but I always enjoy reading your blog about all your adventures in D.C. I hope you guys are enjoying your time there. Give us a call when you're back in Happy Valley, and we'll have you over for dinner.

Hannah said...

Give me my baby back before she becomes a woman!

Jenni said...

It looks like Madeline is sprouting a tree. :) Very cute.

Paul and Katie said...

I want to have a private tour of the capitol. One day I will be cool like you.