I went to New York City with my friend Emily this weekend, and I didn't take a single diaper or wipe or enzyme. In fact, all I took was this:
This, my friends, is proof that I am not the root cause of the mounds of luggage that we haul with us anytime we go on a family trip. It always looks like we're moving in when we arrive at someone's house with all of our stuff, and somehow I end up feeling responsible for it since I'm the one who packed it all up. And I know we need it all, which is why I pack it all, but I always feel like there should be a way to downsize. And yet there never is.
That's why I felt especially vindicated to throw my backpack on and head off for the weekend. I've still got my skills! I'm not a compulsive over-packer! I'm just good at knowing what we need. The downside, of course, is that I had no Maddycakes to kiss and that I only admired the wonderful playground in Central Park, not played on it. But for 30 hours, it was really fun to hang out with a good friend and travel as light as possible.
(It was gorgeous in New York, by the way.)
10 comments:
I am an over-packer and I don't even have enzymes or a nebulizer to pack. I am so jealous, it looks like fun!
Mady's costume is adorable by the way.
1. Madeline is the cutest lion ever.
2. So glad you got to have an adventure! Looks lovely!
You are the only person I know that rejoices in ditching not only the diapers and wipes but also enzymes. Congrats, it looks awesome!!
I love the picture of Madeline pointing to the star at the capitol, and she is an adorable lion.
Sarah I love your ability to go random places and enjoy the moment. That is great we all need a timeout. Madeline is stinkin adorable!
That looks like a lot of fun!!!!
Man, I totally know what you're talking about! And it seems like with two kids you DOUBLE your bags! (And one's even potty trained now!) It sure does seem like we could downsize somehow. Andrew's always asking "Do we really need this stuff?" Well, yeah, we do.
Cute lion. And cute Sarah and friend. I love NY.
So glad you got a weekend away! I always was impressed with your light packing skills...what I want to know is- did you take your own pillow with you? I have this strong memory of you bringing your pillow with us everywhere...even on the metro in Budapest!
Ha ha ha. I was strongly tempted to take it with me, Mary, but I decided I could live with a hotel pillow for one night so I didn't have to haul it around town during the day. I did take it with me all around Europe, this summer, though! Dave decided not to take his and he has been jealous of mine ever since.
Enzymes?
You're funny.
but most of all, I am jealous. Red red red in the face type. It looks wonderful.
And isn't North Carolina cool?
Post a Comment