19 January 2011

Drumroll, please!

Aaaaaaaand . . . it's another girl! We are beyond thrilled.

I know, I know, I said we'd be finding out in a few weeks. That's what I sincerely thought, and that's what made yesterday such a red letter day. We went to my first O.B. appointment, and they do a routine ultrasound on the first visit to check measurements, heartbeat, etc. Since I was so far along, we were able to find out that we're having a girl as well!

Really, it was the best to just be completely and utterly surprised that we were finding out that day. I am so excited. I know it's not PC to care if you have a boy or girl, and I know that little boys are wonderful, and I'm positive I will be delighted to have one of my own someday. But, I'm also not afraid to tell you that both of us were just sort of hoping that this time we'd get another girl. It's so fun to have sisters about the same age, after all.

The other best part was calling my family and totally shocking them because (1) they weren't expecting any news at all and (2) they were all convinced we were having a boy. News travels fast in my family, though, and even though I tried to do a phone blitz and only took a very small ten-minute break to pick up Madeline from my friend's house, two of my sisters already knew from another source by the time I got to them. That is fast work, my friends. Next time they'll have to agree to a vow of silence or something so that I can have the fun of spreading my own news.

But anyway. WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!

18 comments:

S said...

I saw that you just posted this, congratulations! i think that is so exciting! And it is so fun to have two little girls you can dress in matching Gymboree clothes!

And I really hope being around Scott didn't scare you off from wanting a boy because he really is a sweet kid!

Wesley said...

Yay! How exciting! I'm glad you got what you were hoping for. We did too. :)Miss you guys!

Trever and Heather said...

Hooray!

I feel the exact same way about two girls in a row.

Paula said...

Yay! Congratulations! I love having two girls :). They will be best friends!

Kaitlin said...

congrats! two girls! so much fun. i am so excited for you :)

Janiebelle007 said...

It was NOT me Katie and me. And we are VERY excited for a girl. I always feel wrong hoping for a girl under the circumstances. I do love my boys.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

Hillary said...

Congrats to you guys! I didn't even know you were pregnant. That is really great to be having another girl. It will be fun to get out all those cute pink baby clothes again. Logan and I really want to get together with you guys soon so let us know when a good time would be.

LadyEm said...

Congrats! This is very exciting news.

Merinda Reeder said...

Yay! I've got to approve of two girls in a row. That's how I did it, and in my opinion it's the only way to go.
(Ha. like you get a choice.)
Congratulations. We're happy for you.

Andrew and Ariel said...

That's fantastic! It's hard to tell right now who's more excited: Andrew and Ariel, or Benjamin.

Marybeth said...

I must have missed the post where you announced this gestational excitement. This is very fabulous. I am quite certain this new gal will have many adventures with her sassy sister Madeleine.

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Ha! Well if you feel that way about having two girls in succession, then you deserve it. :) Congratulations! It's fun to know. I still need to make an appointment for the ultrasound that will reveal the gender of ours. I personally do not ever want two girls in a row . . . you must have had a better time with your sisters as you grew up than I did. hahaha If I could have it all my way we would definitely have them boy-girl-boy-girl, etc. (if we go beyond four). Fun!

Mary Pugh said...

Huzzah! i am so excited for you! Yeah for girls!

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

congrats!!

Rachel said...

yay! yay! yay! so happy!!! Congrats!

Tyler and Rachael said...

hip hip hooray!! two girls in a row is quite nice.

Jill said...

Ohhhh, congrats to you and Dave! And Madeline is so lucky to get a sister! Of course, I can't help but think girl DNA is in your genes. :)