17 January 2011

A Morning Scene

I told you how Madeline likes to dress up her dog, Chester. Well, he's becoming more and more integrated into the family. This breakfast setup was all Madeline's idea; she even chose the fruit for him to eat and the color of his spoon. Right now she would much rather have Chester sit in the high chair than sit there herself, so he'll probably be joining us more and more frequently.

And luckily for Madeline, someone else will be coming around to keep her company pretty soon, too. Roughly five months from now we'll be adding a new babylein to the family! Let me see if I can anticipate the answers to any questions that might come:

1. I'm 17 weeks along; due June 27th.

2. We don't know if it's a boy or girl, but we'll be finding out in a few weeks and the suspense is already killing me. Madeline consistently says she wants a brother. My mom and sisters won't stop referring to my son, although they have nothing to back them up. Who knows.

3. I feel wonderful, although I'm still extra tired all the time. I'm in that great spot between having morning sickness and feeling big. I can look pregnant if I want to, but it's hard to know how much is actually looking pregnant and how much is being lazy with my stomach muscles. Mostly I've got a thick waist.

4. I was a lot sicker during the first trimester this time around than I was with Madeline. Nothing too intense, but I felt nasty morning, noon, and night and anything sweet (even Club crackers) was repulsive to me. Luckily that's over and I can enjoy the yummy things of life once again.

5. We are delighted.

13 comments:

DP said...

6. We won't know until the baby is born whether or not he or she has CF. But we're planning to get testing done right away, so we should find out 1-2 weeks after the birth.

7. I'm still crossing my fingers for another daughter (no new clothes to buy!) but if it's a boy I'll be happy my surname will live on. Can't go wrong, really.

Trever and Heather said...

Congrats you guys!!!!

Paula said...

Yay! I was wondering how far along you were these days :). I'm so excited to hear whether it's a boy or a girl! It would be interesting to see what another one of your girls would look like. On the other hand I'm fascinated to see what a boy of yours would look like...all I can picture is Madeline with a boy hair cut. Anyway, congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

8) Without looking at her, I know Sarah looks incredible and won't have to ever worry about looking like a fat cow in pregnancy and

9) I'm excited for us to have newborns at around the same time. We must play! Utah is still our second home:).

Merinda Reeder said...

Yahoooooooo
Congratulations!

NJ said...

Wahoo! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Congratulations! I'm due June 28th! I agree; it is wonderful to be past first trimester. :) I've dreamt of a baby boy this time for us, and so far I'm 2 for 2 on my dreams. And yeah, you've gotten too teeny tiny to look very large even when pregnant. You'll look way better than me at the end that's for sure. :D

S said...

Mads and Chester are the cutest!

And congrats again!

Emily S said...

What?!

Sherwood family said...

Congratulations! [When they're a little older] two is even more fun than one!

Hannah said...

10) who's the father?

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

congrats! Madeline will be such a great big sister!!

Helena said...

No way! congratulations!! How exciting.