One thing I really love about Madeline right now is how brave she's getting at repeating words and phrases that she's never said before. For example: Last night Dave and I made some Chex muddy buddies after Madeline had gone to bed, and we saved her some because she completely loves them. She spotted the bowl after breakfast and was munching away.
Suddenly I noticed that Dave had slyly stuck his palm out under the table so M. would share with him too (never mind that we had eaten more than our fair share the night before). Of course she gave him some. I said, "Madeline, your father has no shame." She gleefully repeated, "No shame!" every time he asked for some, even though she was still happy to share. And then a few times later in the day she randomly said, "Daddy, no shame!"
Glad I could teach her something worthwhile today.
5 comments:
Sophie saw Madelin's pajamas and said, "Oh they look so cute on her! They used to be mine." she also wants me to say, "I love Madeline!" from Sophie.
That is awesome. She's learning early to call her Daddy out:)
So cute . . . talking is so fun.
A little English nerd in the making...love it!
bwa ha! I love what they pick up and it's been a startling thing for me to realize so, the filters gotta start kicking in soon. And have I mentioned this-- I love Madeline's hair. it is LONG and darling and curly and oohhhhh... she is just going to be a heartbreaker, Sara P. She is.
Post a Comment