Getting married is fabulous in a million ways, but you know, there are just some reasons it's nice to have ladies around. Such as when you want to appreciate small things. Tiny things. Cute things. Such as baby clothes. Dave puts forth a valiant effort and certainly agrees that his baby is adorable wearing tiny cute things, but he's never been able to muster up quite the genuine enthusiasm it takes to really appreciate such things with me.
Enter my daughter. We were sorting through a box of newborn clothes this afternoon, taking stock of what we have and what we might need for the new babylein, given that she'll be born in an entirely different season than Madeline was. OH MY GOODNESS! Those clothes are so ridiculously, unbelievably tiny. And positively adorable.
I was sitting there just blown away that I cared for a human being that small for a good three months. And then without me even prompting her in the slightest, Madeline picked up a tiny pair of shoes and said in a voice even higher than her normal one, "Look, Mommy! So small!" Exactly, my dear. Exactly.
6 comments:
To be fair, Lego has that instinct to some extent. He told me one day that he can't wait until the baby's is born so he can see what his clothes look like.
Daughters are SO much fun! Wait until she's five and is the only one that enjoys the baby kicking as much as you do! they really are little gifts. I'm excited for you to have TWO. Plus, they last forever! (daughters, that is).
I bet you already have visions of shopping for tiny, cute, girly things together. How fun!
You know what I think about girls! The bes.
Love her! So excited for Mads II
Dang, I guess I'll never know. My only sister is 11 years younger than me. I've always been surrounded by boys. That didn't sound the way I meant it. Whatever!
So yeah, I've been staying away from the computer lately. This is the first I'd heard about the new baby. CONGRATS!!! Now I'm going to have to go back and read up to find out all that I've missed out on.
Oh and I got a kick out of newborn diapers EVERY time I had a new baby!
Post a Comment