07 November 2011

Happenings

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've written much, but not for a lack of things going on. Just a few things that happened during the past month:

Violet learned how to stuff toys in her mouth and roll over.
Madeline mastered her tricycle.
I finished reading all of Jane Austen's works.
Dave officially passed the Pennsylvania bar!

All very exciting.

In other exciting-but-old news, our car was stolen about a month ago and still hasn't turned up. We're in the awkward spot of owning two cars but having none at our disposal--one is still missing (we still haven't settled its value with the insurance company) and the other is over two thousand miles away in Pennsylvania. Since we aren't sure how long we'll be staying in this area (it depends mostly on when Dave finds permanent employment), it's tricky to know what to do about meeting our long-term transportation needs.

But, life goes on and I would say that we're doing quite swimmingly, all things considered.

See what I mean? Ah! I could eat this baby right up.

13 comments:

Hannah said...

I could eat that baby right up too. And her big sister. I love them. So happy you blogged. xoxo

S said...

She's so cute and looks so much like the Mads.

I can't believe you don't have cars! How annoying!

And congrats on Dave passing the bar! Woohoo!

Janiebelle007 said...

That baby certainly smiles with her eyes. Mads looks so big on the tricycle. Why did yo WANT to read all of Jane Austen's works? And the grandmother request of the day is.... please change the photo at the top. Madeline now looks cold, not like she's having fun.

sarahflib said...

The only Austen book I had read before this year was "Pride & Prejudice." In January I decided to read "Persuasion" because BYU was presenting a play based on the book and I wanted to see if it was any good. It turns out that all of Jane Austen's books are AWESOME. They are funny and engaging and I loved them all, so I read them all.

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

I can't believe that you, of all people had only read one of Austen's works before now! I'm so glad you got around to enjoying the others. They're some of my very favorite books ever. I can read them over and over (theoretically - time is an issue. :).
Violet is so sweet. Maddy's huge grin makes me smile every time I see it.

Emily S said...

I need to try Jane Austen again. I liked the stories (I've read two), but they were slow for me. But I was 16 and 18 when I read them, so maybe now is the time . . . Cute girls, it was so fun seeing them a couple of weeks ago!

Mary Pugh said...

So cool that you read all of Austen's books...which is your favorite? So sorry about your cars...what a pain! But congrats on passing the bar!

meg said...

I am an Austenophile of the most desperate order. Biting social commentary and romance...together? YES. PLEASE.

ps. Violet is the most adorable little copy of lovely you.

Katie M. said...

Car was stolen?? What?? In Provosk? Now that's odd. Was it stolen from your home?? Details, Sarah!

Congrats on finishing Jane Austen's works. You have ambition that I lack. But I must say, Emma and P& P are wonderful and were favorites so I should go ahead and read the others.

Penn bar passed??? way to go, Dave. Take us back to PA with you. Really. Please??

Baby V is scrumptious!

Can we play soon? Seriously.

Seth and Mariah said...

Congrats to Dave for passing the PA bar! We are equally relieved that Seth doesn't have to take that test again, at least not for Utah. No good that someone stole your car! That seriously stinks...Your daughters are so cute! Good luck on the job hunt, we are right there with you.

Jill said...

Congrats to Dave! And my goodness, those are some beautifully adorable and adorably beautiful children you have.

Tyler and Rachael said...

you, my dear, are a good sport about the whole car thing. congrats again and again to dave for the amazingly accomplishment of passing such an exam and hooray for cute and darling little girls.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I'm a fellow I-have-read-the-Jane-Austen-canon member, and wanted to name my baby girl "Austen." Doug said no. You guys are really moving to Pennsylvania. We don't hang out with you now and you're only 4 1/2 hours away. We're going to do even less hanging out when you're on the east coast!