07 January 2012

See this baby?

Yep, that little Violet. She turned six months old a few days ago! I am absolutely blown away to think that she was around for a solid half of 2011, and that year is already gone. It all went so fast. It seems like it took forever to get her here, and then she didn't even have the good grace to stay tiny. Oh well. We are, of course, delighted that she is growing and learning and doing everything that a baby should.

Violet weighed in at 15 pounds, 3 ounces on her six-month birthday, which is really interesting to me because it's only 2 ounces more than Madeline weighed at the same age. Despite the slow start, Madeline had apparently caught up to her normal growth curve by six months. Violet looks a little skinnier than M. did (she's longer), but I think they're starting to look more and more alike. They make a lot of the same faces, for sure.

Anyway, Violet is starting to do grown-up things like eat real food. She is such a relaxed, happy, low-key baby, but she gets fierce when it comes to eating. It's hilarious.


She also rolls like crazy and loves to move around.


Sometimes we call her "Smiley Vi" because she is seriously addicted to smiling. She can't stop, especially if she sees Dave. She simply won't nurse if he's in the same room because she just wants to look at him. He definitely has a way with his girls. Here they are six months ago:


And here they are now--well, on Christmas morning:

Violet was already getting bleary-eyed, but I'm sure you'll agree that Dave looks snappy in his executive jammies. All in all, we are so lucky to have delightful little baby Violet in our lives.

7 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

She's a cutie. That's amazing that she's not much bigger than Maddie was! I love the fuzz on her head. :)

Janiebelle007 said...

She loves Grandma's high chair.

Andrew and Ariel said...

Six months already? I need to meet her! She's so cute, and she is definitely related to her sister.
And Dave--nice jammies. Also, turns out I have family history in Lancaster. We should get together and shoot the breeze about the Amish and the carpentry my ancestors were doing for yours.

Rachel said...

She is adorable. I'm so sad my flu prevented me from meeting her. Next time for sure! Before you move somewhere??!?

Hannah said...

I love Vi.

Jill said...

Goodness, she is darling! I also enjoy that she and Dave have almost-matching bedhead in that last pic.

Emily S said...

She is a cutie. And to connect the last 2 posts, with DP as her dad, she WILL be as resourceful as the boxcar child of the same name.