And that someone is named Violet!
She had a good day. I really truly love my kids' birthdays more than I love my own or any possible holiday. It's just so much fun to think of all the little ways I can make them happy. First birthdays are especially fun because it's all so new for them. Madeline had pretty high expectations for Violet's big day. Last week she kept asking, "Mommy, when Violet turns one will she know how to walk? When Violet turns one will she know she shouldn't put books in her mouth? When Violet turns one will she know she shouldn't pull my hair? When Violet turns one will she be able to eat chocolate cake? And so on and so forth.
No magical transformation took place like Madeline had hoped, but Violet was her usual cheerful self for most of the day. The morning was especially nice and low-key because Madeline slept in forever, so Violet and I got to spend some one-on-one time. She was delighted by her birthday balloon and played with it for a long time before enjoying a leisurely breakfast of blueberry muffins, sausage, and fresh blueberries.
Dave surprised her by coming home for lunch, and she had so much fun playing with her new music table while he was home. This girl really likes to dance and just can't get enough of music.
My only mistake today was not eating birthday cake right after dinner. By the time Violet opened some presents from her grandparents, she was pretty much through with everything. She was really excited for her cake and was loving a big old piece of it for a minute or two . . .
But I think the second picture sums it up. If a girl feels this much apathy towards chocolate cake, she's ready for bed.
Love you, Miss Violet! I don't know how it has possibly been a year since you came into the world, but I'm happy you're part of the family!
5 comments:
I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! Happy birthday, Vi! And you guys are great parents. I love y'all. xoxo
I love how she's giving chester a ride. He reallly can't do it on his own. what a sweet girl. Used to think she looked just like Mads but can't say that anymore.
I can't believe Violet doesn't know not to put books in her mouth and she's ONE! C'mon Sarah. She's so cute and I love that she's a minime of Madeline.
Oh Sarah! She is just so beautiful and is looking more and more like lovely YOU! I am so happy she had a great birthday and am stealing your balloon idea right now.
And I am loving these glimpses of your house. Sehr gut, Frau Peris! (like my tenth grade German???)
Happy Birthday Violet
Post a Comment