04 September 2012

Well hello, September.


I will tell you a secret. This picture is actually from the beginning of August, not September, but Violet is still just as cute and friendly today as she was a month ago. This girl still loves to smile with her entire self, just like she has since she was a super tiny baby. 

About two months ago (in the middle of July) she took her first steps, and after a week of tottering around, she decided she had enough experience under her belt to go full time. Now she spends most her time doing this:


Generally she's chasing Madeline around, although she's super content to just explore by herself unless I'm making dinner. Then she wants to be in my arms every second. I love that she didn't wait to master walking before she started doing it full time. At first she was careening around wildly, but she didn't really care and was happy to just get up and try again whenever she fell. Now, of course, she's an old pro. And that's really nice because I can put her to work more easily.


Doesn't she look like she's already put in a full day's work? It's a good thing, too, because it's really hard for me to get anything done when I have these cheeks to kiss.

6 comments:

S said...

She's pretty darn adorable!

Hannah said...

I love her and miss her and want her to come walk around my house and sweep my floors.

Emily S said...

Cute little child laborer . . .

Janiebelle007 said...

Isn't there a law? Child labor or cuteness?

Naomi, Art, Hyrum, Jude, and Esa said...

She is HUGE!!!! We miss you guys so much. I miss you guys. Glad to see you're still the best mom, ever.

Janiebelle007 said...

Did I tell you that my Grandma Krieger used to say "Well, hello there"?