25 October 2012

Fall Leaves and Baby on a Leash


Putting Violet to work again, this time with a really ghetto rake. Last weekend we spent a beautiful evening raking up the leaves in our front yard, and both of the girls were surprisingly helpful. Madeline kept exclaiming happily, "Oh, fall is just the best time for raking leaves!" Of course we made a massive pile of leaves and let the girls jump in to their hearts' content. Dave started throwing them into the pile and they couldn't get enough. Violet always climbed out as fast as she could so she could beg for another turn.




And now for our randomness. It's probably a given that we really like letters around this house. Lately Madeline has taken to passing out the letters that match each person's name. Then she has us stick them in our shirts and wear them around so we can be Super Madeline, Super Violet, etc. Such a funny idea but it gives her a thrill, so Violet and I usually oblige for a while.


I caught Madeline following Violet around the house like this and couldn't figure out what in the world they were doing until Madeline revealed that the carrot was actually being a leash. Violet thought being leashed was awesome, so she ran away as fast as possible while M followed her, and then quickly asked her to put the carrot back in position if she ever lagged.


We've been biking around as much as possible lately, and here are the little cuties I see behind me.


I love that Violet's head is about three times bigger when she puts on her helmet, which she surprisingly does without a fuss most of the time. Sometimes they shove each other around a bit, but for the most part they love being out in the bike trailer. I'm so happy to finally have a nice comfortable one for them to enjoy. The hills around here are absolutely unavoidable and are still kicking my trash, but we still have a nice time!

5 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

So so adorable! I love how cute they seem to play together! The bits of your house I see in the pictures look wonderful!

Hannah said...

How hilarious are your girls?!? Oh my goodness, how is it fall already? It seems like it couldn't have been that long since it was spring and I was at your house. Oh, Sar, I miss you guys sooo much!!!

Emily S said...

My kids would be sooo jealous of those leaves! They spent so long raking up an extremely measly and non-jumpable pile. Love the carrot leash!

Janiebelle007 said...

Glad I didn't have to take you to task again for a post. These guys are so cute and adorable and lovey.














Tyler and Rachael said...

the leash is awesome. what darling girls.