Just over a year ago we boarded a plane in Salt Lake City, bound for our new life in Pennsylvania. It's really crazy to me that it has already been a year. In many ways we are now settled and in a groove; in others we still feel like newbies. We're at that great point where we have gotten to know many wonderful people and laid the groundwork for really fabulous friendships that can develop from here, even if we haven't reached that BFF level with anyone yet. We seriously live in such a beautiful area and our community has so many great resources that I love and will dearly miss when we eventually go elsewhere.
I will be honest: I still miss our life in Provo. Just saying that makes me feel a little pathetic. It's been a year! And I know that while the people we left behind love us dearly, we didn't really leave a hole in their lives and they certainly don't miss us in the same way, because they could just keep on doing what they were doing while we were thrust into a totally new environment. And that's okay. It's also the actual place that I miss---the city, the proximity to BYU, the mountains, the flat streets, our little house with its big yard and beautiful shade tree. (It's funny to say that because our current house is actually much bigger and nicer in many ways, but that yard! And not having our house fill up with smoke when we have the windows open!) Anyway, I truly do enjoy the perks of living where we live, but I am really looking forward to our trip to Utah/Idaho at the end of June when we can catch up with people we love and visit some of our favorite haunts.
And now without further ado, my dear mother has been hoping to see some pictures of my babies. So here we have baby no. 1 enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine.
And we can't forget baby no. 3, enjoying the comfort of my belly.
Not the best shot; it was my attempt to do a self-portrait in the mirror since I never think about it when anyone else above the age of four is home. This picture is actually from about four weeks ago, but I think I look pretty much the same. The difference is that now I look this way all the time and can't suck it in without an extreme amount of effort. Not that I need to, mind you---it's just that there are still times when I realize I haven't told someone and I want to say something about it before they notice, so I try to look small for a moment. Ha!
Anyway, we are very excited for a tiny new addition to the family. I'm due in the middle of October and am 17 weeks along. Was feeling very crummy and was forever ruining the thought of pretty much every meal I made for a few months there, but things are going swimmingly now, so that's good news. We're planning to find out if it's a boy or a girl in a few weeks. Madeline is very very happy about this and Violet will be in a few months. Um, what else will I be asked? Trying to anticipate questions here . . . I think that's it for now!

17 comments:
Sarah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! yay yay! Your babies are so darn cute, too!
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! This is me jumping up and down crazy excited for you! Yay yay yay! Baby! And those girls are beautiful!
Congrats!!! You guys make cute kids!
Congrats! :)
Such great news! Congrats!
We sure miss you guys!! I love the pictures of the girls. They're getting so grown up. And congratulations to your family! So exciting to have a new baby on the way :). I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you continue to feel well!
Yea! Congratulations, my dear! Glad you're out of first trimester and feeling better.
Those are some really great pictures. Seriously, cute kids in great settings. We really miss you - changes stink. I had a friend move and I am still in the same place, and even though it's been a year, it's still crummy!!
Good to hear that you're expecting again! I'm actually expecting myself. I'll be 23 weeks in a couple days. I'll be having a boy.
Yay Congrats on #3! I miss Provo too, and I've only moved 40 miles away. It really is just a unique place. It will be fun to see if you get a boy this time or not. Congrats again!
Thanks, everyone! And Jennie--hooray! You have no idea how happy that makes me!
Wow! How exciting! We'll treat you extra well tomorrow :)
Hooray! Congratulations! Nice way to be sneaky about announcing #3.
Congrats you two !
I can relate to missing our old neighborhood! Great place, great people. I know once we move from here, part of our hearts will remain here as well. I think heaven will be all of our favorite places and people in one place!
YAY!! Congratulations, Sarah. I'm thrilled for you guys! XOXO
YAY!! Congratulations, Sarah. I'm thrilled for you guys! XOXO
Post a Comment