31 October 2013

A Hefty Milestone


Let me tell you about something that blows my mind. On Sunday, my new little baby hit the big ten-pound mark. He was two and a half weeks old! And already two pounds over his birth weight! That is some crazy weight gain for any baby, but I just can't believe we are talking about my baby here. Sure, he had a significant head start over his sisters, but Madeline didn't hit ten pounds until she was fourteen weeks old and even Violet, with a fully functioning digestive system, didn't hit ten pounds until she was seven weeks old.

So yeah. I am impressed. Sweating and praying over every ounce of Madeline's journey to ten pounds has absolutely given me an appreciation for the miracle of normal weight gain and how our bodies are intended to process food. I know I've said that before, but I stand by it and stand in awe of the normalcy. I will enjoy (and thank Heavenly Father for) every bit of the chub that is already starting to take over Jacob's cheeks and chin and thighs. Love him.

Also? This was Madeline at ten pounds:


And Violet at ten pounds:


Unfortunately it is not the best picture to showcase how absolutely smiley and adorable she was at that age, but it will do. She looks so much leaner to me than the others did---she must have been longer. Anyway, here's to ten pounds and cute little babies!

6 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Chub is my favorite. And 'normalcy' is miraculous. Successful pregnancies are miraculous. Ah, the magnificent blessings! Happy your young man is doing so well. :)

Erin Dougal said...

That is how I'm feeling right now about Imogen. She is on the charts and I couldn't be more grateful. She is a lb. away from Penny's 1 year weight and I am so happy we won't have to go through all the drama that Penny had. Jacob is just so cute and squishy. I love it!

Marybeth said...

Oh my, I wish I could kiss his chubby little cheeks. Noah was 6 lb 14 oz at birth. At his 2 month he was a few ounces shy of 13 lbs. I love those fat little cheeks--and you have a completely different appreciation! Give him a kiss from me.

Hannah said...

Can I have all of your 10 pound babies, please? Thank you. You have my address.

S said...

He's soooo cute!

Unknown said...

Do I sound crazy if I say that he looks JUST LIKE DAVE???

Oh my goodness. Cutest.