24 November 2013

It's all good . . .

Jacob's blessing day (3 November)

Phew. The last few weeks have been a crazy ride! There are so many things I've wanted to say and share and absolutely no time in which to do so. Even now, I feel a little irresponsible and crazy knowing that all three of my kids are asleep and I'm not. Livin' on the edge, I suppose.

Some days I've thought that baby no. 3 is the easiest transition of all and we're totally rocking it. The first day I was on my own with all three kids, in fact, I not only kept the kids happy and got dinner on the table at a good hour but spent most of the day ripping out our garden and winterizing the yard. Ambitious. And sure, I don't get dressed many days before eleven (or even twelve, who am I kidding?), but was that happening before Jacob arrived? No.

And then there have been the other days. The days when we are most definitely not rocking it. We had a straight week of those other days, when I was the only person who wasn't yelling and screaming and tantruming from sun up until long past sun down. (To be fair, I don't think Dave threw any tantrums that week either.) That is hard on the nerves, I'll tell you. But this past week was so much better. And we are having a lot of fun even though I am one tired mama. And my girls are really sweet and funny. And I have a really cute baby.


See?

11 comments:

Sherwood family said...

Hang in there. Having three little ones definitely has been the hardest part for me. Four hasn't been so bad because there are older ones who don't need me all of the time and even help the younger ones occasionally. So if you feel stressed, it's for a very good reason!

Hannah said...

I love your baby! And I LOVE your hair!!! At least you're hot :)

Wesley said...

amen sister. to everything. Your babies are indeed, very cute. :)

Mary Pugh said...

You are doing amazing! Everything you wrote rang so so true to me! It just keeps getting better! (busier and crazier...but better!)

Erin Dougal said...

That baby. I want to eat him up he is so cute. SO CUTE!

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

hahahahaha Ahhhh, you are doing great. The number of 'off' days is perfectly normal. :) Basically, I feel like I just get the hang of things (almost to the point of boredom) and then I have another baby . . . and start all over. hahaha But it's good. Crazy good (as in crazy and good). :)

Emily S said...

Cute, cute baby. Kids - what a ride.

Melanie said...

Dear Sarah,
I love each of your three little kids so much!
Love, Melanie

Marybeth said...

I often think how having one baby isn't too big of a deal…then I think about adding a second and I quickly go into a panic. You are wonder woman. Also, Jacob is beyond cute. I want to kiss his little cheeks. Pretty sure he and Noah would be instant pals!

Tyler and Rachael said...

loving those baby cheeks!! you are an incredible mother and I'm sending you all of my good luck wishes for being in charge of 3 cuties. much much love to you.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I'm amazed at Jacob's ability to gain weight. I've never had a kid get beyond birth weight by the first dr. visit, let alone jump into double digits, even though I've had pretty big kids to start (7.13; 8.10; 8.2). Way to sometimes rock having three kids. I definitely have times where I still don't rock having three, but I'm just soaking it all in before it changes again.