23 February 2014
Jacob Jacob Jacob
Is it really possible that Jacob is already four months old?? Yes. It is. He's been four months for a couple of weeks now, and I still can't get over him. He's so ridiculously cute. Like with any baby, pictures never do him justice. Just use your imagination. Or come visit me in PA and I'll let you see for yourself. He just hit seventeen pounds and stores most of his weight in his thighs. He has the chubbiest, squishiest baby thighs around and I'm in love with them. I'm also in love with his laugh. He will laugh and laugh and laugh, and it's just really cute.
Jacob is just the calmest, happiest little guy around. I've had fairly chill babies before, but Jacob takes chill to an entirely new level. He is patient and easygoing and happy. He loves to smile and stretch and pull my hair and twist around in circles and eat his toys. He started rolling from his tummy to his back last week! An exciting moment to be sure. In some ways the first roll feels like the beginning of him turning from a tiny baby into a big kid, but it's still exciting to see him learn new things. Really, I'm just amazed by how eager we are to master these bodies when we come to earth. Four months and he's already changed so much. I would happily take a few more months of his absolute tininess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were driving through PA yesterday and thought of you. Maybe we'll have to make a visit to see some chubby baby thighs :).
Happy belated birthday Sarah! He is adorable. I'm glad he's chill. And how you turn yourself into social services is if you call and tell them about something that happened that one kid did to another that *may* have happened in your home, that gets you for *allowing* it to happen by virtue of not stopping it, and then the case turns on the adult for neglect. That's how you can turn yourself in. Pretty special, government services! I understand they are geared for the lowest of the low, but note to self to avoid leaving your name when possible!
Post a Comment