We've had a lovely fall in Pennsylvania. Even though it's only been a few weeks since the weather started getting chillier and the leaves starting changing colors and raining to the ground, it's almost hard to believe that not too long ago the world was greener than green and we were running around feeling so completely summery and warm. But our street truly is breathtaking when every tree on it is blazing yellow and gold. We can't get enough.
One thing that has been a big adjustment is just getting used to such a regular schedule. My kids aren't super early risers, thank heavens, so getting Madeline up at 7:00 on the dot every day has been big. I have been pretty content for the past six years to just sleep as long as my children will let me and then have a leisurely morning with them---and I'm glad that I've always been relaxed about it because those days are definitely gone. Once Madeline gets up we have to be super efficient to make sure she gets her treatment done before the rest of our morning routine.
But a definite upside to all of this efficiency is that the other kids and I suddenly have so much time in the mornings! Once we wave good-bye to Madeline, we've got the day ahead of us with no treatment or breakfast in sight. And that means we can actually go places earlier in the day without it being a completely ridiculous feat. It's a good change.
I also have to admit that it's fun to have just the Jacob-Violet dynamic. They play together differently when it's just the two of them, and they have a ton of fun---as long as Violet isn't harassing him with too much love. I don't think it's a coincidence that the first two-word phrase Jacob uses with regularity is, "No, Violet!" But she still totally has his heart.
5 comments:
He sure looks all boy.
I like our parallel lives. I second your thoughts on reluctantly giving up the leisurely morning! And yet, it is indeed a good change. Miss you so much!! Reese was talking about Violet today. I wish we could be neighbors again!
So fun to see your cute kids growing up. For the whole schedule thing, I think I appreciate stay-cations when the kids don't have school more and more. This year, Robyn started HS and early morning seminary. Too bad we don't live closer. She'd love to babysit for you! Take care. :
Yes about your life totally changing when the first starts school. It's something that has to happen, but it's kind of sad that your life will be ruled by school for the next twenty or so years.
I know, starting school is rough! Eden recently mentioned that she hates Rosie's kisses bc they are too hard. That's the longest concept she's ever conveyed and I was impressed! Big sisters, I tell ya!
Post a Comment