22 July 2018

Welcome, Evan!


Surprise--we have another baby! He's actually already two months old, so this news isn't exactly hot off the press. But he still feels like a very new and fun and ADORABLE part of our family. We named him Evan David, and he was born on May 21st at 10:38 p.m. He was 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long. Everything went smoothly for both of us.


Evan is a super sweet, super easygoing little baby. If he cries, he's hungry or tired. Other than that he just sleeps, looks around, and acts cute. The kids are all obsessed with him and love to hold him and help out. My mom was here when he was born, which was amazing. It was really helpful to have her already on site so things were a little less crazy with childcare when I went to the hospital. And of course she is always amazingly helpful after I come home with the new babe.


The way things worked out, we had the kids meet him one or two at a time. That was fun because they were able to have a little more one-on-one time with the baby. It was so sweet to see their excitement. Madeline was the first to meet him. She is so good with him and always ready to help out.


Dave picked Violet up from school a couple hours early to bring her over to the hospital. This girl is my baby whisperer. She will do anything for Evan. She's very confident bouncing him, feeding him, burping him, helping him fall asleep, or doing pretty much anything that involves him.


Hazel couldn't stop squeezing Evan when they met. I think the first thing she said was, "Tiny came out!" Followed by, "Aw, Tiny so little and cute!" (The kids named the baby Tiny when they found out we were expecting.) She's very helpful with him, but let's just say it's not quite as helpful as when the older kids help out--it involves a lot of getting in his face and telling me that he's awake. Yep, he sure is. Sometimes she calls him "that baby" in a sweet way, like, "I really love that baby!" or "Where's that baby?"


All my boys together for the first time. Before Evan was born, Jacob went around telling everyone, "I have THREE sisters and NO brothers and I'm gonna have a real brother!" Dreams really do come true. He loves to hold him or just lie next to him and rub his soft little head. They're going to be a great brother team.


Oh, what a little snuggle bug! Looking at these hospital pictures is making me miss that magical first day of having a baby. There's nothing better than meeting your baby for the first time! And let's be honest, it was really really nice not to be pregnant anymore! I had a much harder pregnancy this time around. Worth it obviously, but I'd rather be on this side of the journey.


Family of seven, woohoo!

1 comment:

Tyler and Rachael said...

Loved reading all the ways your kids help out and relate to little Evan!!