04 November 2018
Slice of Life
Hi. Here I am again, several months down the line, so a lot has happened since I last posted! The older girls have been in school for a few months, so my days are fairly quiet at home with Jacob, Hazel, and Evan. (As quiet as life gets with a vibrant, crazy two year old, anyway.) Evan is five months old and most decidedly not a newborn now, which is horribly rude, but also lots of fun because he's so friendly and sweet. Really, I couldn't ask for more a more chill, easygoing baby. And his smiles just light up the room. He's rolling everywhere and chewing on everything and even sitting up.
Oh, I just love that little guy. I could eat him up. I kiss him all day long and can't get enough, and I'm not the only one--he's absolutely the most popular person in the house. The kids are all so incredibly good with him. Madeline and Violet are both very confident taking care of him, and Jacob and Hazel love to hold or talk to him. Evan always rewards them with an incredible smile. It's adorable how happy he is when the kids get home from school. He's for sure used to a lot of noise and chaos and can't imagine his life any other way.
Violet made Evan a little pillow fort the other day and got him tucked in all cozy. I love that he's smiling specifically for her in this picture!
One really fun thing this fall is that Jacob started preschool two days a week. He's doing a nature class and absolutely LOVES being a preschool kid. Two of his friends are in the class, which is exciting for him, and it's great to watch him make more friends and have the whole experience of being such a big kid. He recently turned five. FIVE! That's really hard for me to believe because he was our first baby who was born here. For the first time I actually have friends and ward members who have known one of my kids from the time that he was brand new until basically kindergarten age; it's just wild. And he's a ton of fun. Constantly reading and telling me cool facts, but also full of enthusiasm and energy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun update! You guys should come down for some DC Christmas fun! We'd love to see you :)
Post a Comment