10 November 2008

Fun Times

So I'm well past having a midriff and on to having a midsection only. I realize those words technically share a definition, but to me they connote different things. You never hear the Brethren telling us to cover our midsections, after all.

In other news, Dave and I went on a fabulous trip to D.C. and Pennsylvania over Halloween weekend. We wanted to visit his family for the holidays since we'll spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas in the great state of Idaho . . . Actually, Dave was in D.C. most of that week for a recruiting trip through the MPA program, and I just joined up for the last few days. It was a quick trip for me, but Pennsylvania is alway refreshing.

The fall foliage back East was absolutely stunning and we had plenty of good times with family and friends, but somehow I snapped only one picture during the entire journey:

No foliage and no family. But at least we're good looking. (This was taken right before our surprise baby shower. So much fun.)

4 comments:

Emily S said...

. . .and nary a midsection or midriff.

Marybeth said...

sounds wonton. I happened to acquire some GRE flashcards and "wonton" is a word I recently reviewed (not that I really needed reviewing as that word has become a part of my inner-self). It really brought back the Heers memories. And FYI, last weekend while rifling through some old VHS I found "the" oh-so-famous Britney movie. I propose a reunion at Thanksgiving time and a showing of the film. Don't go spreading it around, I think the element of surprise will really add to it. I thought you had a great comment on zac's blog as well.

Katie M. said...

oh fun!! And you didn't come see us?? Seriously-- aren't the leaves incredible back here? I love how it's almost middle november and the leaves are still hanging out on the tree's.

Okay, now we need a side view of mrs prego gibs bitte.

Janiebelle007 said...

Where is the midsection? Looks pretty normal to me. I like seeing my granddaughter grow!