So I'm torn between wanting to take a nap and wanting to snuggle my darling baby and wanting to share her cute mug with the world. I'm settling for the latter two because they're pretty easy to do in combo. And let's face it, the public is clamoring for more pictures of this sweet chick. So, in no particular order, here she is!
We decided to name her Madeline Alice, with Alice being after my mom and Madeline simply being the perfect fit for this babe (pronunciation is "lyn," not "lein"). We actually went into the hospital with three names in mind, and although it took us about a day to settle on the right one, it really does suit her perfectly.
Dave reminded me this morning that today officially begins my life as a non-commuter! Hooray. Somehow it's much nicer to get up at 3:00 and feed a sweet baby in my living room than to get up at 6:00 and head out into the cold dark morning to get on a bus. I might have celebrated more last Thursday had I realized I was riding the 801 for the last time--for all the hours I've logged there, it seems like I should've done something to commemorate the event.
Anyway, enough of the bus. Thanks for all the well wishes, and enjoy the pictures!
14 comments:
You guys got so lucky. Some newborns look kind of weird in the first week, but I think Madeline is just perfect. Seriously, she has perfect skin and such cute hair. I'm sure you're having such a fun time snuggling with her.
oh she is precious. I love the name too--- madeline is such a sweet and classy name.
I love baby girls---and yours is so so cute! Baby hair! You're so lucky she has hair. Congrats again. Let me know when I can drop by after work and meet her.
AH!! such a doll. Love the name. Unique but not made up from a concoction of your parents and favorite flower.....Classy and perfect!! Congrats.
Beautiful girl! We'd love to come see her as soon as possible! We'll even do your dishes, if we can just stop by!
I can relate- I'd rather get up 10 times in the night to be handed my baby than get up once early to go to work. Congratulations!
she's such a beautiful baby. it's no secret that some newborn babies are the absolute cutest, but your baby is very very attractive! i remember our long talks about what we would do if our babies weren't extremely good looking. i think we both lucked out :) no alien babies for us! and you look so good, too. lucky you! almost two weeks early! so jealous. anyway, keep the pictures coming!
I haven't gotten around to giving my congratulations yet . . . so CONGRATULATIONS! I'm jealous that she came early too. Two weeks late is torture. You all look great, and Madeline is lovely. What a tiny little thing. My Kate was monstrous in comparison at birth. :-) I'm so happy for you guys. Parenthood is the craziest adventure yet. And hey, I love all the details of labor and delivery so feel free to share! haha
Love the name (my niece is named the french version, Madeleine). Love the family pics! Congrats Peris family!! :)
So sweet!!!!
What's a Gibsmerelda?
beautiful name---. and, you look amazing!
Cute, cute, cute . . .
Easy to do in combination, huh? One more lucky thing that comes from having a five and a half pound baby.
Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! Even Chad peeked over my shoulder to get a better look becuase he thought she was such a pretty baby...and for Chad to say that, that's means a lot! congratulations again!
She is adorable!! You couldn't have picked a better name. I always wanted to name my girl Madeline, spelled the same way, with the pronunciation as "lyn". Way to go!
Post a Comment