01 April 2009

An Evening Scene



After Madeline's usual evening fuss-fest, I finally got her settled down after singing her some hymns and gently rocking her. She was sucking her pacifier contentedly, not the vigorous sucking that usually means she's about to start crying again, but the peaceful kind that often leads to her falling asleep.

The following scene describes what happened next:
10:17 PM [Dave] Puts baby in crib to let her sleep.
10:19 PM [Dave] Brushes teeth, sits down next to Sarah, both reading quietly.

10:32 PM [Sarah] Not to knock on wood, but—
10:32 PM [Dave] Don't.

10:33 PM [Sarah] It's just that she hasn't—
10:33 PM [Dave] Stop. Now. Don't do this.

10:34 PM [Sarah] —hasn't been nearly as fussy tonight as—

10:34 PM [Madeline] WUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm not saying Madeline has telepathy, but sometimes her timing is uncanny.

8 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Never, never, never count the eggs before they hatch.

LadyEm said...

That's a funny story. She just wanted to tell her parents she still loves them...and she had to do it right away!

sarahflib said...

Yeah, I paid for it. It was probably her worst night yet. Oh well.

Kevin + Marcy said...

Lol. I love your own comment there Flib. It's amazing how their timing can be so impeccable. I hope the lil' Babylein is doing better!

Hillary said...

That's great timing, Madeline. I think babies has this innate sense of how to start crying right when you settle down to bed. Cameron does it every night.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah!
Ich weiss nicht ob du mich errinnerst. Wir hatten einige Deutschkurse an der BYU zusammen und beide bei BYU I.S. gearbeitet.
Also...ich habe dein blog auf Marcys blog gefunden. Ich habe gedacht dass es mein blog war, weil meinen mann heisst auch Dave! hahaha! 2 Sarah & Dave's.
Ich wollte einfach hallo sagen. Du darfst mein blog lesen wenn du willst...Ich schreibe nicht sehr oft und wenn ich schreibe ist es am meistens ein bisschen langweilig. naja, ich hoffe es passt dass ich dein blog lese ;)

ps: suesse babylein !

Emily S said...

When I read this I was feeling Dave's pain, trying to make you stop . . .

sarahflib said...

Sarah--naturlich erinnere ich mich dich. Heisst du jetzt Franz mit Nachnamen? Falls ja, kennst du auch meine Schwester von Namen her. Sie heisst Emily und ist ein "product tester" fuer IS.