
This ice cream truck has been tormenting us ever since we moved into this apartment a year and a half ago. Tonight, I caught it on camera. It will park across from our apartment complex for hours at a time, and its tinny music will just play, and play, and play. The same song. Over and over. It's not uncommon for the music to still be playing when it's pitch black outside and the Mexican kids playing across the street have long gone home. I've even heard it at 10:00 p.m. in the dead of winter. Who, pray tell, is buying ice cream at that time? Does the driver have a girlfriend nearby? Is the ice cream a cover for a drug ring? We may never know.
5 comments:
it was good to see you, it is always fun to catch up at the reunions! And that ice cream truck is pretty creepy...
Maybe next time a well timed call to the Provo Police Department would be in order.
PS I think your last post is hilarious. I laughed outloud.
I don't know about this so-called frequent icecream man. It could be a female for all you know, stalking her boyfriend. Maybe you send brave Dave out to survey the scene.And of course, come back with an ice cream bar for the well deserving wife and mom.
Hey, that's a good point. What is it with me just assuming an ice cream person would be a man?
Ha, I remember that ice cream truck when I lived on 200 North. The Latino kids down the street were frequent customers of it. I loved its little tune (it really does trigger an ice cream urge) and always wished I were a kid and could go buy something--but hearing it for hours...well, that would be torment.
Post a Comment