Q: Are you going to shorten Madeline's name?Now without further ado, the pictures you've been waiting for.
A: No and yes. We are not nickname-haters by any means and have no problem with people calling this little girl Maddie sometimes. But we definitely want her to be Madeline who is sometimes called Maddie, not Maddie who is really named Madeline. I personally like to call her Madz.
I really like this next picture because it shows how long Madeline's hair is--over an inch. And although it kind of looks like she has a Lamanitish mohawk in this shot, she really does have hair on her whole head.
The other night Dave decided that Madeline should start practicing her piano skills. She has really long fingers and we want to let her latent talent shine. Here's how it went:

She actually snoozed peacefully on his lap for quite a while while he played; it was pretty cute. All in all, we've been having a fun time getting to know Madeline during the past 2.5 weeks!
12 comments:
Other acceptable nicknames:
Maddie-Cakes
Mad Dawg (I haven't tried this yet)
Madz
Maddie Sue
If Dave calls her Mad Dawg I will laugh pretty hard.
Can't wait to see the pics you get taken of Madeline!
I was super-pumped about a FAQ session, then so disappointed to find there was only one. Good job on the piano, send her up here when it's time for curve ball practice.
yes! more questions answered please!
she is a doll!! Congratulations Sarah. She is absolutely beautiful.
What an adorable little doll!! I've been thinking about you guys and I can't wait for Marshall to meet Madeline. Congratulations to wonderful people . . . wonderful parents. Much love to ya!
How adorable! I love the piano lesson. :-) Her hair is just too awesome.
A baby can have hair? Who knew??!
"Mad Dawg!" There the one! I love your pics!!
I loved the Mad Dawg one. Maybe that one will only be used when she's crying.
She's just adorable. Love the hair!
soooooooooo cute!
Oh my goodness. She is so, so cute. Congratulations!
Post a Comment