04 February 2010

It's already February, people!

I wanted to enter this picture in a beautiful baby contest, but I missed the deadline by two hours. Oh well. Dave thinks M. looks disheveled because of the wet spots on her shirt, but I think that beautiful smile and her sparkling eyes makes up for it. To me, this picture still screams, "I'm a beautiful baby! Give me $125,000 in scholarship money, please!"

This child is seriously getting funnier by the day. Whenever I open the fridge, she immediately goes for a bottle of chicken marinade. It doesn't matter where I put that bottle or what else is in the fridge--she finds the chicken marinade and pulls it out every single time. What in the world is so appealing about the chicken marinade, and how does she always find it? And why do I find the phrase "chicken marinade" so amusing?

Also, I opened the produce drawer the other day and Madeline quickly snagged this tomato and ran off. She was pretty happy with her find and gnawed on it for quite some time. I think one of my grandpas used to eat whole tomatoes like an apple, so maybe she's taking after him. I love how she is squatting in this picture, one sock on and one sock off, as she enjoys her tomato.

Here's something else that you need to know about my baby: She can howl like a wolf. I always thought my kids would learn to moo or bark first, but she likes to howl. If she sees a picture of a wolf or you ask what a wolf says, she will always howl. Also, she will clasp her hands together anytime we say the word prayer, which I find supremely cute. We don't even have to ask her to fold her arms--she just does it as soon as she realizes we're going to pray.

The thing is, I'm still in awe that Madeline understands what we're saying and then actually responds. I've seen other babies grow up, but I've never had a front-row seat before and it's absolutely incredible to watch her learn and change. In eleven short months, how does a baby go from squirming around helplessly to running around outside playing ball? From snuggling passively to giving me big kisses on my cheeks? From only drinking milk to chowing down on chicken pesto? I don't know, but I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.

The end.

8 comments:

DP said...

"oooooooooooooooooooo"

(that's what madeline would have to say about this)

Karli said...

She is just too adorable! It's funny how they have such big personalities at such a young age!

Janiebelle007 said...

This little girl is a wonder and so are her parents!

Trever and Heather said...

Trust me- it just keeps on getting funner too! Ava's ENTIRE life (so far) I've wanted to press pause and keep her that way for a lot longer.

Emily S said...

I really like the chicken marinade and tomato bits . . . this girl is delightfully culinarily random!

Tyler and Rachael said...

absolutely darling little stories about Madeline---

Kevin + Marcy said...

A-MEN, sister!

S said...

I love her little chin in that first picture.

And I think cutest kid picture contests are a conspiracy because they never chose mine and the kids they always choose are like, "How the heck did you choose that kid?!"