And that someone is named Madeline!We had so much fun today. Dave and I tried to think of all of Madeline's favorite things so she could have an especially grand time, and I think it worked. We gave her a birthday balloon this morning (it was a big hit), and then she had sausage with her breakfast, which she adores. This girl will seriously just shovel sausage into her mouth as fast as she can, and she was lovin' it.
Later we took her swimming with my family, which was tons of fun. Madeline is a little water baby and could have kept swimming forever. We also gave her a kazoo and a musical table that she was super excited about.
Aaaaaaand, of course we had a cake. A nice big chocolate cake that M. immediately tore into when I put it in front of her so we could sing happy birthday. While we were singing, she just reached out with both hands and dug in. It was pretty funny. I gave her a big slice after that so she could eat a little and smash it all over.
Love that girl!
16 comments:
Really? I couldn't tell:) love her too and it was a splendid birthday. I'm certain she LOVED it!
I was just thinking this week that Madeline's birthday was coming up, and sure enough here she is - the cutest little one-year-old I've ever seen. Glad she had such a blast with her chocolate cake and balloon. She is darling!
She's definitely cute. And I like your happiness it's almost contagious by just looking at the picture.
How could I forget that sweet Madeline was born on my 1/2 birthday? Happy birthday Madeline! It looks like everyone had a great day!
What a cutie! Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous day. Looks like your eye has healed nicely Sarah. :)
Happy Birthday Madeline! And Sarah, I've found myself making that same smile in pictures with Esme.
It's already been a year! Holy smokes. Happy Birthday to an obviously and outrageously adorable little girl.
She is so cute, sweet and soooo loved! Thanks for sharing your day with us Madeline.
Happy birthday Madeline! Looks like you had a fun day and really enjoyed your chocolate birthday cake. Yum, yum!
How many "ooooo's" did she do
while eating that cake?
She's so lovely. We miss you all.
i love the picture of madeline with the chocolate cake!! priceless...
Your pictures are worth a million words, Sarah. Love that girl. Belated happy birthday Miss Madeline, you doll you!
yay!!!!! I love seeing pictures of your cute, vibrant baby!
Happy Birthday little Madeline!
Loved reading! Happy Birthday Madeline! You two are such awesome Mommy & Daddy's to do all her favorite things on her birthday.
Happy Birthday Madeline!
Post a Comment