After 6 weeks of homelessness, 18 times packing and unpacking, and 7 foreign countries, we have arrived at our new apartment in Madrid! The last 6 weeks have been absolutely amazing and I'm glad for every second of them, but I'm also thrilled to settle in for a couple of months and to not pack up all of our possessions every few days. More good times to come, I'm sure.
I've dusted off the 20 or 30 Spanish words that I know and hope to make some serious progress in learning Spanish over the next couple of months. It was nice to feel like a language rock star in Germany, but now we're on Dave's language turf instead and that's fun too. Madeline has also been holding her own with languages. Of course her winning smile works in any language, but she started to understand German and even says danke (thank you) and tschuss (good-bye), two words that she doesn't even really say in English.
That's all for tonight, but more from me to come now that we're on our way to being settled in. ¡Hasta luego!
2 comments:
What a terrific experience! And how fun is it that Maddy speaks a little German now?! haha Ah, how I wish I could fluently speak another language so my children could be bilingual. :D
If I don't see her soon I am going to die. I just started crying thinking of her speaking German and I'm not even there!
Post a Comment