Today the sun is shining and it's gorgeous outside, but yesterday it rained harder than I've ever seen it rain in my life. That's probably because I grew up in Idaho and not in the East, but still, it was impressive rain. And I was more glad than ever that I was brilliant enough to purchase this:

A slide that I can have in my house. It fits in M.'s bedroom or folds up to go in the closet, but we have it in the living room most of the time just because we do. For some reason I feel like I should tell you that it was an amazing Craigslist purchase. Not that it matters to anyone else whether I buy something new or secondhand, but I'm a big proponent of not spending $40 on something new (even if you can) when you can buy one secondhand that is seriously just as good for much, much less. Save your money for something fun, like bills or travels or cinnamon rolls.
But I digress. The point is, it's awesome to have this slide in the house anytime, but especially when it's rainy and we can't go to the playground. Madeline loves it. And for some reason, she especially likes to pray on top of it. I know, random. But she'll climb up, kneel down, fold her arms, and even bow her head. Sometimes this happens when we tell her we're going to pray, but sometimes I just look over and she has randomly decided that it's a good moment.
It's hard to get a good picture because praying is, after all, supposed to be a reverent activity, but it's too funny for me not to try during one of those unplanned moments. She's just getting up in this one, but you can tell that she was kneeling:

And then this one's a pretty good shot of the kneeling:

There's nothing better than ending your prayer with a good slide.
9 comments:
How funny! I wonder how she thought of that. I think I may say this every time I comment, but I can't believe how old Madeline is looking! She is absolutely adorable. Her hair is so thick and wavy now!
Wow, Sarah, she's so spiritual...and fun and best of all understands the two can be mixed!
What a great slide! I have been looking for over a year to find one used but to no avail. If you find another one please get it for me and I will rush down to pick it up!
So precious! She looks so good. Way to go super mom!
I really love Madeline, her hair, her smile and I love her daddy, too.
Maybe she prays for her safety before she goes. Way too cute, we miss her!
I thought of the safety issue, too. That must be it.
That girl is too cute. Perhaps when you're done with the slide I could take it off your hands? I think it would be great entertainment for my husband in the evenings.
Okay, am I the only one who thinks Madeline is going to fall over head first on the hardwood floor in the middle of her prayer? Your daughter must have better balance than mine. Her jammies are certainly cuter than the sorry jammies we've been throwing on Lucy. She's between sizes, and looks like a ragamuffin most of the time. Thank goodness Halloween shirts are in season, because Lucy's two Halloween shirts are about the only ones that fit.
Post a Comment