One night I carelessly left my journal open on my bed and left the room for a few minutes. In that short space of time, my sister Katie (formally called Katherine) sneaked into my room and read my journal. As soon as she left, my sisters Hannah and Kristen followed suit.
I'm not sure how it all went down after that, but somehow I found out about their trespass and was absolutely, completely, wanted-to-die mortified. Katie must have believed she'd be in serious trouble if my parents found out, because apparently she was willing to strike a deal. When I was going through some boxes today, I found this gem of a contract:
We (Sarah and Katherine) have an agreement. Katherine will never ever (until at least Sarah is married) breathe a word of this startling piece of news she has just discovered. If Hannah and Kristen say something she will swear it is not true. She will not say anything pertaining or referring to this incident. Nor will she talk about it in her journal or in her sleep. If she breaks this agreement she will lose Sarah's trust and it may be hard to gain it back. Katherine will also pay Sarah $15 in real American money. If Katherine keeps this bargain, Sarah will keep silent on all accounts.It only seems right to break the silence now that I'm married.
[Signed]
Sarah Jane
Katherine Lynn
11 comments:
ha ha haaaa haaaa haaaaaaa!!! I can't stop laughing. This is the best thing ever. I love it. ha haaa haaaaa!!!
I was afraid. You made me sign Katherine for heaven sakes.
LOVE it love it love it! We would have totally been JR. High friends!
That is SO cool!
LOL! That is too funny - I must admit, I am also burning with curiosity to know what young fellow you admired so much. hahahahaha Maybe you could tell me at the reunion? :D
I'm impressed I managed to get both a vow of silence AND 15 bucks out of her!
In real American money no less.
I read it out loud to Lee because it is so funny. We are laughing.
I have to be honest...I would be interested to know of the identity this crush. I do remember one year at the Shakespearean festival in a very questionable hotel room you revealing your true feelings about a certain classmate to the elite "gals." This contract is hilarious and certainly must be memorialized in the form of a frame.
This is genius.
Incidentally this post also reminded me (how could I forget!) how much you talk in your sleep. Do you remember freshman year when I tried to get you to confess that you liked Jed and you laughed at me in your sleep and said "What are you trying to get me to say"...hahahahaha awesome.
You guys are too funny! You are lucky, it sounds like she was more afraid than you. That could have been black mail stuff.
Post a Comment